turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Virginia mountain gobbler

Started by jcraft1, May 16, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcraft1

Finally killed my first turkey!!!! Didn't think it was going to happen this spring and about gave up this spring due to such poor gobbling activity. I figured I would give it one more shot this spring on my birthday. The hunt couldn't have gone more perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. Bird was dead by 6:15 am.

Rapscallion Vermilion

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

WildSpur

Good job!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

shoer2

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats and happy birthday

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Great birthday present bro, Congrats

bbcoach

CONGRATS!  Great birthday present.  Your hooked now.  This is why it's called hunting.  You can hunt all season with nothing to show for it and go out the next morning and they want to play and follow your script.   Hunting shows show that it is so easy but you never see what really happens.  Congrats on your first bird.  May there be many more to come.

SteelerFan

CONGRATULATIONS! Lifetime memory - CHECK!

CALLM2U

Congrats! I've hunted those VA mountain birds for 30+ years and they're not easy to catch up to. 

Happy

Congrats on your first and I hope there a more to come for you

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

POk3s

Gooserbat

I pays to not give up.  Well done
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.