OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally on the board in Kentucky

Started by Kylongspur88, May 02, 2018, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

It's been a grind this year, but the last week of the season has always been good to me. Took the day off and hit the woods. Got lucky and was able to slip in on some birds on the roost. After fly down I worked this guy the final few steps and plugged him with a 3 1/2 inch long beard  #4. He went 23 pounds and some change. 11.5 inch beard, and 1.25 inch spurs.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

turkeyhunter91

congrats on a nice bird, way to stick with them i have had great success the last week of season also.

TJK68

Congrats on a great bird, It has been tough for me here in Southern WV as well this year. I finally connected this morning also, way to hang in there....

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Double B

Way to go, Kentucky has been tough on me this year.   :boon:
Followed by buzzards

Dr Juice

countryboy3006

Nice bird.  This year has been a hard one.  Seems like most of the birds in my part of the state have been gobbling on the roost then not much after they fly down and we haven't been seeing as many as we usually do. 

maytom

joey46

Congrats!  After reading all the doom and gloom post from KY I spent a little time looking at telecheck.  The counties I'm familiar with aren't doing that bad.  We always did like the last week of the season.  With the early season weather it should be even better this weekend.   

Roost 1

Congrats.... I'm out now. Very slow

spurman

Congrats on a great bird. :icon_thumright:

Kentucky was very tough this year, I can only speak on the areas I hunt in West KY. Crittenden and Livingston predicting the lowest harvest in 20 years. The last time I checked Crittenden was down by about half for this same time last year.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Kylongspur88

Quote from: spurman on May 05, 2018, 08:29:23 AM
Congrats on a great bird. :icon_thumright:

Kentucky was very tough this year, I can only speak on the areas I hunt in West KY. Crittenden and Livingston predicting the lowest harvest in 20 years. The last time I checked Crittenden was down by about half for this same time last year.

Bird numbers are way down on all but one of the places I hunt. I think we are about 12-14k fewer birds checked total than last year. Praying for a good hatch this year. After the season goes out Sunday I'm picking up my AR going on a predator jihad. Coons need to be thinned really bad too.