OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally on the board in Kentucky

Started by Kylongspur88, May 02, 2018, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

We are in the beginning stages of planning next years after FL hunt.  Since I am very familiar with LBL it was going to be on the possibles lists although it overlaps with the FL north zone's season.  Probably not now after all the negative reports from western KY.  Maybe a few decent hatches will help.  The habitat is certainly there.   Anyone know how they did/are doing at Ft. Campbell?  Some years Ft. Campbell was overrun with birds. Good luck next season. 

Swenny

Roost 1

Quote from: joey46 on May 08, 2018, 07:48:26 AM
We are in the beginning stages of planning next years after FL hunt.  Since I am very familiar with LBL it was going to be on the possibles lists although it overlaps with the FL north zone's season.  Probably not now after all the negative reports from western KY.  Maybe a few decent hatches will help.  The habitat is certainly there.   Anyone know how they did/are doing at Ft. Campbell?  Some years Ft. Campbell was overrun with birds. Good luck next season.
Harvest at the fort is as low as I ever remember since 1991. With 4 hunting days left the harvest is 80 birds. The turkey population is WAY down from what it used to be.

spurman

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 08, 2018, 08:08:46 AM
Quote from: joey46 on May 08, 2018, 07:48:26 AM
Harvest at the fort is as low as I ever remember since 1991. With 4 hunting days left the harvest is 80 birds. The turkey population is WAY down from what it used to be.

Worst season since I started hunting FC in 89.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

joey46

Scary - hope it stays a recoverable western Ky problem. Some of the DB NF  areas seem to be ok at first look. A few are showing few jakes taken and that isn't a good sign.  We'll see.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase