OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My boy Scores again.... Now I need to get crackin... geez...

Started by 3.5inchpainfulldeath, April 21, 2011, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on April 21, 2011, 09:19:20 PM
That little brat right there is pure EVIL..............no way he sat still for an hour......I'm gonna do some investigating into this story and kill :police: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I don't know about Evil... but i'm surprised too....   He was shaking so hard he couldn't move.  I was whispering to him to calm him down some, and kept reminding him not to move.

It sound to me that your jealous that a six year old has killed more birds than you.... :goofball:

new2turkey

Quote from: 3.5inchpainfulldeath on April 21, 2011, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: new2turkey on April 21, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
that is just plain awesome.... You're dooming him to an expensive life though  :lol:

He'll grow up to be quite the turkey hunter
he already has cost me a pile of money with hunting stuff.  He wants a new gun for next year, and a bow and crossbow.... i have created a monster...  :you_rock: :you_rock:

He's probably just smart that way... He knows you'll buy it and then he won't have to worry about it when he's on his own... Jk  :lol:

It's great to start him so young and teach him the positive things in life... I think the bonding is what keeps kids out of trouble when they get older as well.

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

bowhunter84

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: new2turkey on April 21, 2011, 10:06:14 PM
Quote from: 3.5inchpainfulldeath on April 21, 2011, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: new2turkey on April 21, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
that is just plain awesome.... You're dooming him to an expensive life though  :lol:

He'll grow up to be quite the turkey hunter
he already has cost me a pile of money with hunting stuff.  He wants a new gun for next year, and a bow and crossbow.... i have created a monster...  :you_rock: :you_rock:

He's probably just smart that way... He knows you'll buy it and then he won't have to worry about it when he's on his own... Jk  :lol:

It's great to start him so young and teach him the positive things in life... I think the bonding is what keeps kids out of trouble when they get older as well.

I agree.  I started to teach him gun safety with all of his play guns, so it just transferred very easily when he is handeling a real gun.  I've started the same thing with my daughter.  I wouldn't trade all the time that we have spent "play" hunting with toy guns, teaching him about death and killing by taking him hunting with me, and stamping it in head the lessons that my dad taught me.  He always stamped gun safety in my head, and his lesson was always identify your target.  When in doubt let it walk, and once you pull the trigger, you will NEVER be able to take that bullet back so always be aware of of your target, your shooting field, and your after shot path. "he's x military shooting team" all of these things have transfered into him already at 6 having two birds under his belt and being safe.

With all that being said, preparation is everything when teaching children to respect the sheer power behind a gun, it's effects on an animal or human, and respect the animal that you are attempting to take by making sure of your shot.     

And i'll stop rambling now...

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on April 22, 2011, 09:42:45 PM
Yea, how bout' when I was out at your house and RobinHood came out flingin' arrows at me across the dining room and out the window.....................EVIL, I say...........EVIL :P :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
All i have to say to that is:  He's pretty good at identifying old fat turkey's....  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

harvester

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Thanks everyone.  He is still fired up about his 2nd bird.  We are heading out again Friday Morning.  I told him, "this time its daddys turn and you can call."  :)

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: Ruger M77 on April 27, 2011, 08:04:13 PM
Awsome!! What for gun you got him using?
It's a really old Revalation 20 gauge that taller than him, but really light...