OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My boy Scores again.... Now I need to get crackin... geez...

Started by 3.5inchpainfulldeath, April 21, 2011, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.5inchpainfulldeath

My boy strikes again.  This bird isn't his 23lb double beard from last year, but it will do  :z-guntootsmiley:
Man it was a great morning.  Got to the wood late, 6 a.m., it's hard to get a 6 year old motivated in the morning  :help:.  Walked into the wood 25 yards and just listened.  I heard a bird gobble a good ways off and thought crap the walk is on.  So I pulled out my owl hoot and 3 birds answered me.  One was pretty close.  Normaly I don't set a decoy out, but figured it would be a good idea to give the bird something to focus on instead of a little boy shaking like a leaf.  That bird came to 80 yards and strutted up and down this bank for an HOUR... all while in view of us so we were locked up.  My boy didn't move a muscle the whole time.  I left him walk away from us because my plan was to reset up the bank a little bit, but he wasn't having that.  I called to him to see where he was so I could stay out of site, and he was coming up the ravine right to us.  He came up and circled to our right a little bit, and did the strut walk of death down a atv trail that the decoy was set up beside.  Caleb had a shooting lane at 20, but the bird was hung up at 30.  Just then my butt started to cramp up so bad that it made my eyes tear up...  I whispered to him and asked him if he could get a shot he said yes.  The bird spun butt toward us and he swung the gun on him, and turned around went out of strut into a gobbled and my boy smoked him about half way through the gobble.  it was like  GOOOBLLBOOOOMMMM FLAP FLAP FLAP...  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
Man am i one proud pappa.....  Mountain Hollow game calls do it again... 19.5 lb 10.75 beard 1 1/8 hooks and one messed up toenail :lol:

Basser69

RBC

Congrats! Great picture! That's some nice looking scenery.

BOFF

So, did he go scratch,           scratch  scratch?  :toothy12:

Nice bird, and funky looking picker he had there.

Congrats to your boy, and to you!!

I know it wasn't intentional, but typo this got me to snickering  

"Just them my but started to crap up so bad that it made my eyes tear up...  "    :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: BOFF on April 21, 2011, 12:52:18 PM
So, did he go scratch,           scratch  scratch?  :toothy12:

Nice bird, and funky looking picker he had there.

Congrats to your boy, and to you!!

I know it wasn't intentional, but typo this got me to snickering  

"Just them my but started to crap up so bad that it made my eyes tear up...  "    :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.

hahahaha... i'll have to change that... that is too funny...

Hognutz

That is a great story. Congrats to you and your son..Very nicely done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

new2turkey

that is just plain awesome.... You're dooming him to an expensive life though  :lol:

He'll grow up to be quite the turkey hunter

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: new2turkey on April 21, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
that is just plain awesome.... You're dooming him to an expensive life though  :lol:

He'll grow up to be quite the turkey hunter
he already has cost me a pile of money with hunting stuff.  He wants a new gun for next year, and a bow and crossbow.... i have created a monster...  :you_rock: :you_rock:

870supermagnum

longbeardlife.com

njdevilsb

Great bird.  He looks like a happy young hunter.  Congrats to you both.

TrackeySauresRex

:wav: WTG ! Congrats on a great bird. Crazy toe nail on that bird,I've never seen that before  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

TRKYHTR

That little guy looks like he's the baddest thing on the planet. Congrats to you both.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball