OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thinking about Selling My Call Collection

Started by hunter22, March 23, 2018, 09:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haypatch

Keep those calls sir... we serve the greatest healer! Praying for you!

Old Gobbler

Ricky ,  -hang in there.

I know you must have given this some serious thought , if no one collector can handle that large of a transaction , you could try breaking them up into large call "lots" and see how that goes ....set a reserve etc

I know this is hard for you to do, I'll be praying for you  , hang in there --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Champ63

Still keeping you in our prayers Rickey. Be strong and keep the faith.

Sir-diealot

I hope things improve for you. I will say a prayer for you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

southern_leo

I've never spoke to you before that I remember but whatever you got going on it sounds rough. I really hate that for you since it sounds like turkey hunting is a passion for you. I pray for your health and comfort through these times.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

perrytrails

Hate to hear this.  I'm like others, you collected them because they meant something to you. Hang onto them.

Unless money is a issue, keep them.

Stay positive, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

chatterbox

Thoughts and Prayers from NH Ricky.
So sorry to hear this, and I pray everything works out.

Mike

greencop01

May the Good Lord Bless You and keep you. Prayers sent for you Ricky may you feel His presence in your struggles. Norm :bible:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Yoder409

Prayers for strength, peace of mind and healing sent up for you Mr. Rickey.

He who is the Almighty Healer also is the One who created the wild turkey.  May His power touch you.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Prayers to you my brother.  You are one of the best.  I have always appreciated your contributions to our "community" here.  Stay strong and remain happy. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

paboxcall

You are an encyclopedia of callmaker information, and always willing to help our community in countless ways Rickey, to which we are much indebted to you. We've chatted a bit over the years, and you have helped me in my call buying decisions. I have always been grateful for time you have spent sharing your collection with us.

You remain in our thoughts and prayers my friend.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Old Gobbler

Thinking of you again  Rickey ,, prayers sent again , --hang in there --shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

kwild835

Marc

I do not know you or your situation...  Reading the posts of others that regard you highly, it is apparent you are a good person, and a person whose heart is in the outdoors...

Some objects in life are more than the tools they were designed for...  I have guns and hunting mementos that hold some degree of personal meaning, and bring me some degree of happiness by simply owning, seeing, and touching them at times.  They bring back memories of youth, or those that are since past.
Whether or not you can hunt, if the calls bring you joy, hang on to them...   Your son might find that they hold more value to him personally later on...

Maybe you can pass on some knowledge to others in using these calls as well...  Knowledge of not only turkey sounds, but the joy and pride that comes with hand-made tools that help us to enjoy and appreciate the gift of nature...

I hope your health improves, and that you can find some degree of fulfillment in life and the outdoors.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

compton30

I'll find a lab or fund and donate money to the research of a cure to whatever is ailing you. It may not save your life, but it may save the lives of many others. It'd be an honor to donate it in your name.