20 inches
15 (9%)
48 (28.9%)
59 (35.5%)
36 (21.7%)
8 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Cut N Run

Got a 26" on my SBE II and a 24" on my single shot. The single shot has a short receiver and it swings nice, but I get better patterns out of the 26".

Jim.
Luck counts, good or bad.

TauntoHawk

22 for this short guy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tom Foolery

richard black

SteelerFan

I really, really like the 21" +1" Rem 870 20 gauge

(Did carry a 26" Benelli before that)

Kylongspur88

My 28 inch pipe out patterns all my other guns. A little awkward in the woods at times but really not so much as to complain.

Chris O

20 to 22 for everything for me .once you get used to carrying a short barrel you never want to carry a longer one at least that's how it has been for me anyway.

perrytrails

I voted 22, i don't like my gun sticking up much higher than my shoulders when I use a sling. Barrel catches everything.

Always used a sawed off barrel cylinder bore to rabbit hunt, around 20 inches. Just use to a shorter barrel overall.

perrytrails

Quote from: Chris O on March 20, 2018, 08:21:49 PM
20 to 22 for everything for me .once you get used to carrying a short barrel you never want to carry a longer one at least that's how it has been for me anyway.
X2

Spurs Up

To a degree, the choice is dependent on action type.  For example, the breech and part of the barrel of a break action gun take the place of the receiver in other action types. Hence, the overall length of an over & under may be similar to that of a pump or semi-auto having a barrel 2" or more shorter.

greencop01

21" with an inch of extended choke. Can't beat a short barrel in the woods, ease of carry and less cutting of brush for set up. Loss of velocity nil at turkey shot ranges.   :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

stinkpickle

Phire Phite

Hoping 21" if I can get my 870 ready.  If not, the 24" 835 is there ready with some big shells loaded.

coyote1

Both of my turkey guns have 28" tubes. I'm used to the length and they throw some nice patterns.