OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Avian X Decoys leaking

Started by strutter, March 19, 2018, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutter

2 of my Avian X decoys Jake & breeding hen are leaking air around the tube that the stakes go in. I leave them partially deflated and stored in A/C. Anyone else have isssues with them. Mine are 2-3 yrs old.

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: strutter on March 19, 2018, 12:39:30 PM
2 of my Avian X decoys Jake & breeding hen are leaking air around the tube that the stakes go in. I leave them partially deflated and stored in A/C. Anyone else have isssues with them. Mine are 2-3 yrs old.
Definitely had the same issue, there are some instructions i think on youtube about dropping some glue or something in there, didn't help for mine, i tried flexseal, that didnt help either so i returned and bought a different brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobspur

chefrific

Try that green "Slime" brand tire repair liquid.  It fixed mine right up.  Squirt some down in decoy, then fully inflate.  Set upright and swish it around so that the slime has a chance to find and fill the spots that are leaking.  That being said, I always leave my avian x decoys inflated.  That way, if it is a leak at the valve, it stays sealed. 

bghunter777

for what they charge for those you would think they would hold up.

highcj5

Yea. They suck. Mine was leaking last year. Contacted them and didn't get any help. I asked them about putting the slime in. I was told not to do that, as it may damage decoy. Hahahaha. I said it is damaged. It's not holding air. I will never buy 1 again. Terrible customer service. Going to try a dsd. Good luck getting help from them. Let us know if they help you.     :OGturkeyhead:

Deast1988

Got a email from them, they said use a hot glue gun. I said the decoy slot is leaking air. They said patch holes from  shells with hot glue gun. They gave no advice or ways to fix the issue. They said get a replacement if my decoy was broke. Mine was less then 1 season old, 5weekends of use, maybe.

jordanz7935

My breeder hen had a leak in the same spot. Pinpointed the leak with soapy water. Used aquaseal on the leak and it worked like a charm, hasn't leaked since.

BottomLand54

one little pellet hits them and they are done for. I have 5 of them and I went and bit the bullet awhile back and bought DSD aint got to worry about them going flat, and they are lighter then my avian x

chbarnha

one of mine leaks air slowly, they still look and work fine for me even when they lose a little pressure.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

jordanz7935

Nothin wrong with the avian x decoys. Not perfect but they are effective. Ive had one of the original avian x upright hens since they first came out, and its held up great.If only that decoy could talk, boy its seen a lot of gobblers die over the years and has taken quite a beating in the process.  Id be willing to bet its seen more gobblers die than some guys posting to this very thread. :TooFunny: The new style avian x decoys definitely have had quite an issue with them leaking around the stake hole. Luckily my new style breeder hen was an easy fix. Hopefully they tighten up the Q.C. and start making the new ones with the quality of the originals.

Seminoleturkey

My avian x strutter fell apart ( the rear fan clamp fell off ) and all my hens leak .just bought my first DSD and it's night and day better than my avian x junk .

fallhnt

I bought a hen the 1st year they came out to compare with my DSD,also a 1st year hard plastic. Once I saw all the drama,shower with it and blowing it, I took it back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Damson

The screw in the top of mine fell out in the woods.  So now it won't hold air at all.  I need to find a new screw since that's the top anchor point for the stake hole.  Then I may just fill it up with spray foam.

Greg Massey

I've never had to blow up my Avian X laydown hen , decoy...... :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: