turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian X

Started by VaBoy, March 14, 2017, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaBoy

Does anyone know of a simple way to fix avain x decoys that won't hold air ? Got one that leaks down after a few minutes and was looking for help.

wdog

::) ::) ::)Here come the Dave Smith decoy replies...

Are they the older model decoys?

VaBoy

Yep , they are several years old ... and I thought the same thing about the DSD when I was typing it ::)

Greg Massey

Why not just call or email customer service..see of they can help you...

TauntoHawk

put them in a tub and see where the bubbles come from, if its a small hole a little glue will fix it, if its around the stem id contact avain X I had great dealings with their customer service before.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wdog

Email avian x and see what they say they might have a solution for you.

ncwoodsman

VaBoy

Thanks.. might try the shoe goo trick as the leak is in the stem. Already had a email in to Avian but thought somebody might know a trick on here

2eagles

This is strange to me. I have two AvianX hens, the newer style, and I don't even care if the valve is open or closed because I don't see a lot of difference in them blown up or not. Sometimes I forget to blow them up and I don't notice. They've been in the garage since last season with the valve open and I'm sure I could put them on a stake and they'd look good. Hmmm.

Greg Massey

Quote from: 2eagles on March 14, 2017, 05:38:41 PM
This is strange to me. I have two AvianX hens, the newer style, and I don't even care if the valve is open or closed because I don't see a lot of difference in them blown up or not. Sometimes I forget to blow them up and I don't notice. They've been in the garage since last season with the valve open and I'm sure I could put them on a stake and they'd look good. Hmmm.
agree, and if it's a warm sunny day , the heat of the sun will inflated them more...i never put much air in mine...

kcrebel

Always best to call any company if possible vs email.  Phones ring.  Emails ding.  Make sense?

MK M GOBL

Quote from: wdog on March 14, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

LOL, Looks like you already know the answer :)

MK M GOBL

870FaceLift

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 14, 2017, 05:52:09 PM
Quote from: 2eagles on March 14, 2017, 05:38:41 PM
agree, and if it's a warm sunny day , the heat of the sun will inflated them more...i never put much air in mine...

Thought I was the only one!  I don't use them every hunt, but I probably won't blow mine up more than twice all season.

To the OP's question, maybe you could use a small tire plug??
Pass it on...

kyturkeyhunter4

I would just call Avian X customer service department there good people to work with.

Fullfan

Quote from: wdog on March 14, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

LOL ya there is quite a fan base here for them expensive decoys...
Don't gobble at me...