News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Punk poachers

Started by High plains drifter, March 18, 2018, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: High plains drifter on March 18, 2018, 09:38:42 AM
What's the best way to deal with poachers, road hunting scum?Punks who shoot turkeys with 22"s from inside vehicles.These idiots are in their 50's, 60's.Total dirtbags!!!
I hate lazy road hunters they just ruin it for guys like us who work our butts off and teach our family to cherish the outdoors and the rules we follow get $h!t on by idiots.....sorry to rant lol but I feel your pain call the GW and hope he works as hard as we do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feathers Fear Me

Happy

Quote from: Buckeye_Strutter_935 on March 18, 2018, 07:20:06 PM
What's the best way to deal with poachers, road hunting scum?Punks who shoot turkeys with 22"s from inside vehicles.These idiots are in their 50's, 60's.Total dirtbags!!!
I hate lazy road hunters they just ruin it for guys like us who work our butts off and teach our family to cherish the outdoors and the rules we follow get $h!t on by idiots.....sorry to rant lol but I feel your pain call the GW and hope he works as hard as we do

I agree with you fellows but unfortunately it's in the laws hands. Any more I keep the local officers cell #number in my wallet and programed in my phone. Its been my general experience that poachers are lowlife slobs who not only lazy at hunting but suck at life as well. It's a lack of self control and laziness.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

appalachianassassin

in my area we have a very dedicated road hunter. in the last 10 years I know ive called in on him 20+ times and im not the only one to call. ive yet to see a warden, the man is still a hardcore roadbuster but he don't come out my road no more :character0029:    :fud:   :emoticon-cartoon-012:

High plains drifter

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 18, 2018, 11:08:16 AM
Get a warden to do a sting with a stuffer deke and make an example of them the others are probably his friends and will think again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That might work, if it was in the right place.I don't think game wardens have the time.There are a few ranches that get poached all the time by these low lifes, and they don't even know it. These idiots drive the roads that follow the Yellowstone river.Not many houses,  big ranches,  they use 22's, maybe pellet guns

Quote from: appalachianassassin on March 18, 2018, 05:20:22 PM
wasting your time bro. now if you find a cornpile and call that in they will come set up on it and bust em. but, the game warden service is usually very short handed and I doubt they waste their time on your road hunters. ive found that violence usually works best.

High plains drifter

I agree, I can't tolerate poachers. One of these people is at least 75. There is another group who are well into the 50's. Game wardens will probably not catch these decrepit idiots, they are too good at it, after 30 or 40 years.

yelpy

Sounds like something that has been going on here too but they shoot deer. I gave, the name, plate # make and model of the vehicle, what road he lives on, who he lives with, where he road hunts and hunts, how many buck he shot illegally, and an Instagram page that pics are being posted on and not a darn thing done about it.

I talked to an officer from a different county and he told me he, himself doesn't waist his time with the anonymous calls or online forms filled out. I could not believe he said that until he explained how many anonymous calls and online forms he responded to that were nothing but a few buddies or neighbors fighting because of jealousy and he covers a big county on his own. I was told to not be anonymous if I wanted something done.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: High plains drifter on March 18, 2018, 10:43:07 PM
I agree, I can't tolerate poachers. One of these people is at least 75. There is another group who are well into the 50's. Game wardens will probably not catch these decrepit idiots, they are too good at it, after 30 or 40 years.

If the CO won't do anything there won't be much you can do legally in all honestly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

High plains drifter

Quote from: yelpy on March 18, 2018, 10:47:29 PM
Sounds like something that has been going on here too but they shoot deer. I gave, the name, plate # make and model of the vehicle, what road he lives on, who he lives with, where he road hunts and hunts, how many buck he shot illegally, and an Instagram page that pics are being posted on and not a darn thing done about it.

I talked to an officer from a different county and he told me he, himself doesn't waist his time with the anonymous calls or online forms filled out. I could not believe he said that until he explained how many anonymous calls and online forms he responded to that were nothing but a few buddies or neighbors fighting because of jealousy and he covers a big county on his own. I was told to not be anonymous if I wanted something done.Im sure these punks poach deer, antelope,  pheasant,  anything within rifle range of the road.I hope the fish and game gets lucky, and catches them, but not likely,  unfortunately. Montana, is a very big state.

dublelung

Gut shoot them and let them run off to die on someone else's property.     :smiley-char092:

disclaimer: The views and opinions on this post are mine and not Old Gobbler's or anyone else's reading this post. this post does not condone or recommend gut shooting anyone and letting them run off to die

tha bugman

jblackburn

sounds like you might be in Louisiana
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

daddyduke

Might call your local news channels and see if they will do a story on local poachers.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.