turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Punk poachers

Started by High plains drifter, March 18, 2018, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High plains drifter

What's the best way to deal with poachers, road hunting scum?Punks who shoot turkeys with 22"s from inside vehicles.These idiots are in their 50's, 60's.Total dirtbags!!!

Gobspur

Call the law.  Take pics or video if you can safely.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

If you know they are in the 50yr - 60yr range and use a .22 do you have a description of them or the vehicle they were in? If they seem to target a certain area that you know of give all of that information to your Game warden.

Izzyjoe

I'd try and get a make and model, and tag number of the vehicle, and call the GW. Sounds like some old guys just hunting the lazy way!

Phire Phite

Game Warden. I have pics on my phone (because of the GPS coordinates) I handed over that had a clearing with a monster salt lick and loads of trash and beer cans.  None of it on that persons land...despicable.

TauntoHawk

Get a warden to do a sting with a stuffer deke and make an example of them the others are probably his friends and will think again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

zelmo1

No room for this crap,  they just teach their kids how to do it too. Pics and call it in if you can.????????????

BottomLand54

idgobble

Most state Fish and Game Departments have a "Report a Poacher" hotline and you can even get a $ reward sometimes. You can be anonymous.  "Citizens Against Poaching"--"Report a Game Thief" are the types of names the programs have.  Look in your F&G Regulations for info about it.  Other than that, call the sheriff or local law enforcement with all the info you can gather.  Pictures, videos are great, of course.  I've never asked for the $ reward but if I had been collecting it I'd have plenty of $ for a couple new guns by now.

MK M GOBL

Get what you can safely, vehicle tags & description, date, time. If they are "getting" away with it they will continue. Get it to the state DNR Agency or what your state has. Needs to be turned in, In most cases I will allow some hunting on the farm when asked and done respectfully, but have no time for game violators/trespassers...

MK M GOBL

SteelerFan

Contact your local conservation officer. Ask to meet with them (don't just pass on information to a dispatcher or clerk). Relay all pertinent information - specific areas / property, any observed encounters, likely times or days and / or likely suspects.

Most every competent / dedicated game warden will welcome an active poaching complaint.

idgobble

The guys in the original post weren't just poachers.  It's illegal to shoot from roads or the right of way no matter what you're shooting at, even a target. Here's how CAP works:  https://idfg.idaho.gov/enforcement/CAP-history   and http://www.azgfd.gov/ogt_form.shtml  and http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/ogt/index.html     Your state probably has this program, too.

High plains drifter

These idiots know where the remote roads are, that hold turkeys.They follow the yellow stone river.

appalachianassassin

wasting your time bro. now if you find a cornpile and call that in they will come set up on it and bust em. but, the game warden service is usually very short handed and I doubt they waste their time on your road hunters. ive found that violence usually works best.

Izzyjoe

I would not recommend taking the law into your own hands, you are dealing with some idiots, and they might get violent right back! Its best to the law do there job, they have the training and the back up to handle whatever those clowns are doing wrong! Violence is the last resort, and thats only if you're life being threatened.