OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carrying extra protection

Started by kdfester, March 17, 2018, 07:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I carry everyday. It's force of habit now just like putting your wallet in your pocket
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kyturkeyhunter4

I always carry, got my 9mm with me ever time I head out. You never know what could happen

mightyjoeyoung

And it's not EXTRA protection,  just protection, when you carry every day.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

saverx

S&W shield 40 anytime I leave the house just because I love freedom.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 17, 2018, 09:12:54 AM
Have to ask... "extra protection" from what?? I've had to wrestle a bird or two in my day during the flop, and sometimes they got in a good lick or two - but I've never felt the need to bust a cap in 'em.  ;D
LMAO
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Kylongspur88

Greg Massey

Always carry, hunting or scouting .....380 always in my pocket .....

southern_leo

Yes

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Like many. Pretty much anywhere I go I've got my Glock 26 with me.

Hogs, dogs, or any other reason you may need it.

wade

Not always it depends on the situation. I do have my CC permit and most of the time I'm packing. I already carry way too much stuff while pursuing the wild turkey. As soon as I get my homemade snake shot for 38 special worked out I'll probably carry more when hunting. I did carry a model 29 while hunting Rios in Texas but that was for hogs.
Do it outdoors

GobbleNut

It's best to know the law in the state you are hunting.  In NM, it is illegal to carry a firearm in the field if you are hunting in a bow-only season.  For turkey hunting, only shotguns (firing shot) and bows are allowed.  To my knowledge, the regs do not say specifically that you cannot carry a pistol while turkey hunting, but based on past interpretations in this state, I think a person would get cited for having a pistol in their possession while in the field turkey hunting.  Know the rules where you are hunting!

wade

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 18, 2018, 10:55:01 AM
It's best to know the law in the state you are hunting.  In NM, it is illegal to carry a firearm in the field if you are hunting in a bow-only season.  For turkey hunting, only shotguns (firing shot) and bows are allowed.  To my knowledge, the regs do not say specifically that you cannot carry a pistol while turkey hunting, but based on past interpretations in this state, I think a person would get cited for having a pistol in their possession while in the field turkey hunting.  Know the rules where you are hunting!

Well said.
Do it outdoors

Yoder409

Quote from: daddyduke on March 17, 2018, 01:15:51 PM
Always. Was out hiking and came across some very angry wild dogs.

Been there.............done that.

Probably 20 years ago, on an Easter morning, me and Momma were out scouting a remote area at gobble time.  We were about to get the run-around from two pretty large wild dogs.  We both carry and drew down as I tried to yell at the dogs and tell them it was a bad idea.  They didn't listen.  Two rounds from my constant companion (G29) changed both their attitudes RIGHT NOW.  Had we not been carrying, we were gonna have to go tooth, fang and claw with two big dogs.

Carry it ALWAYS and you'll never WISH you had it.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gobble!

I got fixed a few years ago so I don't worry about it anymore.

Swather

During deer season it makes sense to have a pistola to dispatch a wounded critter without having to use the rifle again.

It also makes sense to have with snakeshot in case of an encounter with Mr. Moccasin or Mr. Rattletail.

There have been times in the spring I wished I had one to deal with an armadillo, raccoon, possum, etc.