OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Supreme

Started by dresnor, March 12, 2018, 11:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

2500XMAN

I probably have 15 boxes of those shells 4, 5, 6's
All bought for around $11 a box after hunting season was over.

And now go out and pay $28.99 a box for hevi-13 shells

LaLongbeard

I bought 3 boxes of 10 back when they came out. I got pretty good patterns with the #5s and the 870.
Like everybody else I jumped on the HVY shot train and never looked back. Killed several gobblers with the Supremes and they were just as dead as the Nitro hvy shot.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 14, 2018, 10:23:50 PM
I bought 3 boxes of 10 back when they came out. I got pretty good patterns with the #5s and the 870.
Like everybody else I jumped on the HVY shot train and never looked back. Killed several gobblers with the Supremes and they were just as dead as the Nitro hvy shot.
I think some folks have placed lead in a less than adequate category all of a sudden.  Don't get me wrong I love the numbers we are getting with the newer loads.

owlhoot

Quote from: tha bugman on March 15, 2018, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 14, 2018, 10:23:50 PM
I think some folks have placed lead in a less than adequate category all of a sudden.  Don't get me wrong I love the numbers we are getting with the newer loads.
There has to be some more reasons why  :morning:

stinkpickle

... I think some folks have placed lead in a less than adequate category all of a sudden.  Don't get me wrong I love the numbers we are getting with the newer loads.

I think a lot of people never took the time to properly patterns their guns with lead shot anyway.

Izzyjoe

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 17, 2018, 01:23:15 PM
... I think some folks have placed lead in a less than adequate category all of a sudden.  Don't get me wrong I love the numbers we are getting with the newer loads.

I think a lot of people never took the time to properly patterns their guns with lead shot anyway.
Very true! Actually I think some folks never really pattern enough to get to know there shotgun. Those Win. supreme's will kill just as good any at reasonable distance in a gun that patterns them well. But honestly if they are $18 a box, I'd pass and just buy some Long beards, and be done with it.