turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabela's & Bass Pro Shops

Started by Yelper, March 11, 2018, 12:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

Went to Cabela's today to get some ammo, got to the register to pay and handed the cashier my retired Military ID card for my small discount and she said that they no longer offer military discount for Ammo and Gun purchase's. 

She said that when Bass Pro bought out Cabela's that it was Bass Pro policy that they don't give the discount any more. Hmmm just wondering if they are leaning left more and more every day.  ???

Greg Massey

That's sad for our military ...  :fud:

turkeyfoot

Dang shame who does Bass Pro think keeps  their big whig fat pockets safe. Than you for your service sir.

MK M GOBL

Won't speak on this much but there has been a lot of change since BP bought out Cabela's. Sorry to say it has not been good for customers or employees...

MK M GOBL

southern_leo

They quit doing any law enforcement discount except one day a year back a few years ago. They used to give law enforcement the same discount as military. It's not a huge deal, and it's not a deal breaker for me, but it is a little disappointing to see policy changes of this nature. Especially when they have such high mark ups and the same products are on Amazon for a lot less. Honestly I usually only go buy stuff there when some has given me a gift card.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

guesswho

Three groups who I feel should always get some type of discount.   Military, Law Enforcement and Seniors.  And if I had my way Firefighters and EMT's would also be included.   Never was a big fan of BP but still bought from them.  May have to look for other sources.  Been finding myself spending a little more for items but supporting local Ma And Pa stores.   It's a nice bonus when the sales person calls me by name, even off site like at a restaurant.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Andy S.

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 11, 2018, 02:34:02 PM
.....there has been a lot of change since BP bought out Cabela's. Sorry to say it has not been good for customers or employees...
Ditto!
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on March 11, 2018, 03:45:31 PM
Three groups who I feel should always get some type of discount.   Military, Law Enforcement and Seniors.  And if I had my way Firefighters and EMT's would also be included.   Never was a big fan of BP but still bought from them.  May have to look for other sources.  Been finding myself spending a little more for items but supporting local Ma And Pa stores.   It's a nice bonus when the sales person calls me by name, even off site like at a restaurant.
x2 agree...i just wish we had a Ma and Pa store left in my area of any kind ...but that's a thing of the pass in my home town....

joey46

Amazon has all other retailers in a real tizzy.  Going to be interesting how it turns out.

bornagain64

That is ASHAME!

Thank you for your service.

Ps. It was not 20 gauge TSS was it?

buzzardroost

Noticed that it was gone the other day when I went to check out. Bass Pro sucks and they will bring Cabelas to that same level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haymarket

As a Marine Corps veteran...I'll say that it doesn't bother me. It is nice when there is a discount, and I shop Lowe's over Home Depot just becUse of the generous discount. It is nice...but not mandatory. I'm not entitled to it. Frankly, I am sometimes a little embarassed by the sense of entitlement among my borthers in arms. My beloved Corps did more for me than I did for it....and that is true of most who served, so I am thankful, not entitled to more.

lmbhngr

Isn't there a small gun shop in your area you could support? Why support bass pro? I bought some ammo for my handgun and my small time guy beat basspro by $3/ box

Yelper

Quote from: Haymarekt on March 11, 2018, 06:04:41 PM
As a Marine Corps veteran...I'll say that it doesn't bother me. It is nice when there is a discount, and I shop Lowe's over Home Depot just becUse of the generous discount. It is nice...but not mandatory. I'm not entitled to it. Frankly, I am sometimes a little embarassed by the sense of entitlement among my borthers in arms. My beloved Corps did more for me than I did for it....and that is true of most who served, so I am thankful, not entitled to more.

While the discounts are nice, my point is not so much about getting the discount, but what I'm seeing is  big retails stores are taking more and more away from some that it almost seems that they want us to stop buying the Guns and Ammo so that they can stop selling those items due to lack of sales.

While I don't believe taking the discount away will affect their bottom line that much. Just see a trend going in the wrong direction for us- the Sportsmen.

I support a lot of the custom call makers and always will, but when it comes to ammo, it is difficult to buy from the local sporting goods store that doesn't carry the ammo I like.

TomRC

Thanks for your service!!!! They should give everyone a discount considering the prices they charge for stuff and certainly for the military and police. I walked in BPS recently and they had a handgun ON SALE and the ON SALE price was $120 more than I had just paid for the same gun.