OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lesser known call makers

Started by KYHeadhunter02, March 09, 2018, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Who do you think is a lessor known call maker that might become well known? Right now I feel like Blackstone calls are a bit under rated. I'm sure there's a lot more?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I'm gonna agree w ya on the blackstone.

CMBOSTC

It may be uncouth of me, but I'm going to throw my own name into the ring. Not just for one type of call either. I am trying to make the best calls that I am able to in trumpets, pots, box calls, scratch boxes, pocket slates and specialty calls. I get bored easily, so I make a lot of different calls. Their have been a couple of guys who have supported me lately and it has helped a lot. I appreciate it, thank you!

KYHeadhunter02

Not uncouth Chris! Do you compete any? The work I've seen from you looks great! Hope to own some of your calls one day.

chuckward

I ran several Dustin Jones in each surface in Nashville. He's top shelf in my book. Mark Cornelius has his stuff together also.

nitro

Paul B Durham.

Excellent choices in call material, exquisite craftsmanship and all turkey.. He is located in Glennville, GA and a member here. Best pot calls I have used in a long time.
Royal Slam 2008

CMBOSTC

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on March 09, 2018, 03:28:30 PM
Not uncouth Chris! Do you compete any? The work I've seen from you looks great! Hope to own some of your calls one day.

I don't compete, I'm just not really interested in it.

Fieldturkey

Coop1082

TJ Johnson. He's fairly fresh to the scene and makes one heck of a pot and is a jam up guy on top of that.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Fieldturkey on March 09, 2018, 04:43:34 PM
Paul Durham for sure.
Quote from: nitro on March 09, 2018, 04:21:26 PM
Paul B Durham.

Excellent choices in call material, exquisite craftsmanship and all turkey.. He is located in Glennville, GA and a member here. Best pot calls I have used in a long time.

Only took three calls with me for the Alabama opener and Paul's slate is one of them.

Can't recommend him enough.

mossyhorn2

I make pot calls, but I'd still recommend you try Paul Durham. Great guy!!

crenshawco

Eddie Wynne makes a dang good pot too

Turkz39

ncwoodsman

X2 on the Eddie Wynne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slicksbeagles1

How do you contact Paul B Durham ? Also Brandon Washington makes a good call towaliga tom taker