turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

gobbler lounger?

Started by turkeyhunter91, March 07, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

i am gonna have to get a gobbler lounger type chair to hunt from this spring because of 2 herniated disk in my back. i have read great reviews on the cabelas gobbler lounger and the cabela's hunting lounger, they look like the same chair but i chatted with them online and they said that both was discontinued and didn't know if anything was gonna replace them. the people at walmart online said they will probably have the turkey thug version again this year but they don't know when they will get them. has anyone tried the bass pro version? i can't find much about it but some of the the reviews said it broke. i can't decide between the browning strutter, primos wingman or the bass pro version. i do like that on the primos wingman that the feet will move to level on uneven ground. i don't have anywhere that i could try them all out at and i need the 1 that will be the most comfortable or are they all pretty much the same? thanks for any help

SinGin

I have one from BP about 3 years now and no problems. My neighbor has one from Walmart and no problems with his either

Happy hooker

Turkey chairs are great to sit in especially on cold or wet days thats when I use mine,,however if you walk alot or are a run and gun explorer they are heavy and cumbersome to carry.

1iagobblergetter

Midwest Turkey Supply has a couple variations just like the Cabelas Gobbler lounger...
I bought a spare years back because as we all know when something comes out that works great they will discontinue it...

g8rvet

I bought some on sale. I have 4 now.  One is just a spare sitting in a box.  1 from Cabelas (my first, still going strong and I am a big dude), 1 from Walmart and two I can't recall the brand.  I leave 2 of them on a farm I hunt, wrapped in a garbage bag.  I just roll up in the morning and unpack one, unless my daughter or son is with me, then I unpack the second.  Saves me a half mile tote to where I usually start my hunt.  Carry them out on my last hunt.  Unless it is very hot or I am in run and gun mode, I have one slung on my back at all times.  Can set up anywhere and sit much more still and longer. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tail Feathers

If someone would make a strong one out of something lightweight, say a 3.5 pound version, I think they could sell a million even if they charged double.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

larry9988

If you have a bad back like I do, you just have to make up your mind to lug it around or give up turkey hunting. I do not want to stop hunting so it's as valuable tool for me as my gun and calls.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 07, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
If someone would make a strong one out of something lightweight, say a 3.5 pound version, I think they could sell a million even if they charged double.

I would pay up big for a 3 pound lounger.

Gamblinman

Alps Outdoorz turkey chair. One fine sit.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

backforty

My alps chair only lasted one season and broke it to places. I am a little on the large side though. I have the turkey thug chair that has lasted 2 seasons after replacing some pins with bolts it will make it a third.  I replaced the strap it comes with that is to small to serve any purpose with a large gym bag strap so I can cross sling it on my back. makes it a breeze to carry.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

cwaggg

I have a browning strutter MC that both my dad and I have used. It has held up well and we are both big ol' boys. 6'5" 330ish.

slicksbeagles1

This is what I use throw on some paint and a strap set up
Coleman woodsman chair II. GOOGLE IT

WAGinVA

I have the browning which is made by Alpz.  Much better than the wllmart of cabelas versions.

bbcoach

I've got 2, one from ALPS and one from Wally World.  Love them both.  Hardly ever leave the truck without one or the other.  Yes they are kinda cumbersome to carry but they make longer sets so much more comfortable.  More than being comfortable, they cut down on movement.  They keep you from having to adjust your body position.  No tree roots up your behind and very comfortable back rest.  ALPS has several different models, some NWTF models and some mountaineering models.  Here's one:     https://www.steepandcheap.com/alps-mountaineering-rendezvous-chair?CMP_ID=PLA_GOc005BR&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&k_clickid=41659ae0-1b3c-4f39-99ad-4206972f9d0d&rmatt=tsid:1042825|cid:1056320552|agid:54437764520|tid:pla-378055492069|crid:250416115597|nw:s|rnd:12529746111912622872|dvc:c|adp:1o6|mt:|loc:9010152&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI04Lg-93c2QIVEFgNCh3zOwBEEAYYBiABEgJxkvD_BwE

tha bugman

The Turkey Thug chair I got at Wal-Mart is hard to beat!