OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gobbler lounger?

Started by turkeyhunter91, March 07, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

I had to come to a Dr appt today a couple towns away from where I live. I decided to stop at there walmart to look and they happened to have a couple of the turkey thug version so I picked up 1. I think i should have brought it in with me cause it seemed a lot more comfortable than these hospital chairs haha. Thanks for all the replys.

Ringbill

Have the cabelas lounger, still usable...most of the time do not use it because of high grass/foliage, I use a camo :morning: folding chair. I suggest getting the >300# rated chair, even if you weigh only 180#, they are better constructed and usually more durable, the extra $ is worth it!

Gamblinman

Quote from: cwaggg on March 08, 2018, 02:48:13 AM
I have a browning strutter MC that both my dad and I have used. It has held up well and we are both big ol' boys. 6'5" 330ish.

Same here. First thing I did was to drill out all the rivets and replace with shouldered bolts and nuts. Its on its 4th season now from Florida to South Dakota, Hawaii to Pennsylvania.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

daddyduke

Another vote for Walmart Turkey Thug lounger.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

CMBOSTC

I'm a short fat man and I love my Browning chair.  :TooFunny: Doesn't bother me at all to carry, I won't use a vest cushion any more. They're not a very comfortable sit.

g8rntn

I have a turkey thug but I rarely use it. I am getting the Alps vets with the legs and will just use that

BMAC_Turkeys

If cabelas still has it, and probably not, the coyote chair was the same thing as the gobbler lounger

idgobble

Thank you all for the good info. I've been thinking about what to get before this topic started.

stetor

I have been wanting one. I bought the alps grand slam and loved the way it set. I sent it back because i never could get the vest to balance out. It was way to back heavy. I am looking at the browning chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdfester

Do the legs adjust for setups on uneven ground?

Gamblinman

Quote from: kdfester on March 10, 2018, 07:08:24 AM
Do the legs adjust for setups on uneven ground?

No. The feet swivel somewhat for minor variances.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

SteelerFan

Browning made by Alps:

Browning Camping 8525014 Strutter Folding Chair (Regular) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PIRAYE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Hh.OAbNVN3W5R

Best thing I've bought for turkey hunting in 34 seasons...

Yes, it's 7 lbs of something else to carry - about like toting 2 guns. BUT, once set up and being able to sit comfortably for hours on end, it's worth it's weight!!

** The regular fits me fine (6'1 - 230 lbs), and has held up well the past 2 seasons

MK M GOBL

Made my own and  not a problem for better than 20 years. I modified a Lo Boy Lite Turkey Seat from NWTF store ( this was a while ago) and a HS seat. I took the HS chair apart to make a backrest. Is very comfortable and light weight (just under 3.5lbs) chair has an angle built into it and works even sitting on a hillside.

howl

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 10, 2018, 10:17:37 AM
Made my own and  not a problem for better than 20 years. I modified a Lo Boy Lite Turkey Seat from NWTF store ( this was a while ago) and a HS seat. I took the HS chair apart to make a backrest. Is very comfortable and light weight (just under 3.5lbs) chair has an angle built into it and works even sitting on a hillside.

Looks good! How about a close up of how you attached the backrest?

tnanh

I have back problems also and the Alps is a comfortable chair. It is a pain to carry very far though. My son is 6'7 and 350 pounds. Even he has not broken it. My problem is there are a lot of rattlesnakes in places I turkey hunt and I get nervous about sitting on the ground or low to the ground. Cant get up and move fast enough.