turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Like two sided pot calls?

Started by idgobble, March 04, 2018, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

I like two sided pot calls.  Why carry one with only one side when you can carry a two side of the same weight?  Plus, it's easy to switch back and forth if one side doesn't get any action or you want to sound like two hens. I've been using a Roberts Bros. for many years and have a newer Enticer corian and aluminum I really like. What do u all think about two siders and do you have any suggestions for another one or two new ones for me? I like two side troughs, too.

StruttinGobbler3

Halloran sugar town sweetness 2. Glass over slate
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Smooth_Operator

I've got an older Robert Bros. wormy chestnut two sider (glass/slate) that has called more gobblers to the gun than my other 1/2 dozen best pot callers combined.  It's been paired with a Halloran one piece purpleheart striker most of that time and makes a really clean high pitch yelp on the glass side and awesome bouncy clucks on the slate. Just something about that pot the turkeys love. Steve Reeves makes some fine two-siders as well, and have heard good things about the sugar town sweetness mentioned above...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

coyote1

I have an Ed Jenkins ghostmaker 2 sider that i really like. Aluminum over slate in an osage pot.

Gooserbat

I have a Magnolia ceramic and slate that's very nice.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

I carry a "Double Suicide"( glass/slate)  by Steve Reeves that is really sweet

Big Jeremy

I always have a Rocky Top Game Calls double sided crystal/slate call with me. Love it.

Jroddc

Double B

Followed by buzzards

CtRider

Big fan of the Roberts brothers

mtns2hunt

Don't use slate much any more but on the off chance I want too I carry a glass/slate combo. Slate sounds mellow and laid back. Glass is just glass sounds good.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Tennessee Lead

I have the SugarTown Sweetness and a Reynolds Carolina Assassin. I like both calls. The Sweetness is more of a clean sounding call with little rasp and lots of volume.
The Assassin has more rasp as it is crystal and the bottom side slate plays really well.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: Smooth_Operator on March 04, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
I've got an older Robert Bros. wormy chestnut two sider (glass/slate) that has called more gobblers to the gun than my other 1/2 dozen best pot callers combined.  It's been paired with a Halloran one piece purpleheart striker most of that time and makes a really clean high pitch yelp on the glass side and awesome bouncy clucks on the slate. Just something about that pot the turkeys love. Steve Reeves makes some fine two-siders as well, and have heard good things about the sugar town sweetness mentioned above...

Agree with Roberts Bros.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

1iagobblergetter

Brad Roberts makes a Cedar slate over slate double sider that sounds great. Also Pat Strawser makes several nice ones....

GAarcher

Used a Roberts Brothers for years and loved it. Thought I was married to this call until I heard what Pistol Creek has to offer. Have not seen another pot to match the sound of Pistol Creek Duplex yet. Two sided call that can be bought in glass, crystal, or aluminum. My favorite is the glass...and of course has the small area of slate on back. Pure turkey.
www.pistolcreekoutdoors.com