turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Like two sided pot calls?

Started by idgobble, March 04, 2018, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I ordered a small double sided pot from Mark McCool the other day.  It is made out of Mayan walnut.  He calls it his "Donut" call.

idgobble

How would I contact Mark McCool?

pabossie255

Seen this thread went to my tukey vest to get out my two sided call I just bought last year was my favorite copper over slate and it's gone I'm so bummed I'm out of work and can not afford another one now.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: pabossie255 on March 06, 2018, 12:38:30 PM
Seen this thread went to my tukey vest to get out my two sided call I just bought last year was my favorite copper over slate and it's gone I'm so bummed I'm out of work and can not afford another one now.
From some of your previous posts it sounds like your out of work alot??I hope things get better!! You ever thought of getting into a different line of work?
Do you remember who made the call??

pabossie255

Out of work due to two back operations and they said I should have a 3rd but I have had enough of being cut open no interest in having it done again only to get the pain back again. I have no idea who made the call but it was a wood pot call copper on one side and small slate on the other was a great call loved it don't know if one of my kids got hold of it or what but I ripped my hunting gear apart looking for it.

1iagobblergetter

Sounds like Mike Yingling maybe...??

pabossie255

No it was not Mikes but it looked like the one he has.

Happy hooker

I've found that when you combine two things into one the quality of each suffers,,besides a dbl sider will limit the amount of calls I need to buy and carry,,that's no fun :icon_thumright:

pabossie255

I don't agree the one I had sounded sweet.

1iagobblergetter

Bill Lyman also makes a real good one..

tha bugman

Quote from: idgobble on March 06, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
How would I contact Mark McCool?
Look him up on Facebook.  If you can't find him, let me know and I will get some contact info for you! :you_rock:

chatterbox

I have a double sided glass/slate I picked up from Andy Kaiser that was one of my first custom calls, and it's still one of my favorites!
I get great soft clucks, purrs and whines from the slate, but can crank it up with the glass on the other side!

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: chatterbox on March 06, 2018, 06:56:49 PM
I have a double sided glass/slate I picked up from Andy Kaiser that was one of my first custom calls, and it's still one of my favorites!
I get great soft clucks, purrs and whines from the slate, but can crank it up with the glass on the other side!

I don't doubt this one bit. I don't have any of Andy's two siders but every pot I own of his is killer. Very under rated pots IMO, one of my favorite call makers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

idgobble

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 06, 2018, 02:17:42 PM
I've found that when you combine two things into one the quality of each suffers,,besides a dbl sider will limit the amount of calls I need to buy and carry,,that's no fun :icon_thumright:

I've called in a lot of gobblers that thought the quality was just fine. :) But you're right about the fun of having lots of calls.

appalachianassassin

ive killed a pile of gobblers with my Roberts bros. haven't carried it in several years though