OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabela Federal tss update

Started by owlhoot, February 27, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: Rockhound on March 06, 2018, 06:12:24 AM
Quote from: PLP on March 05, 2018, 10:24:42 PM
Same here..ordered Jan 30,originally supposed to ship feb 25,and now March 24th..my son has a youth hunt in fl this weekend so I had to find an alternate solution..rediculous..I think it may be best to stick with something else for a while.Theyve known for quite a while they wouldn't be able to make enough but I really don't know but a handful of ppl who have actually gotten a box..

What's ridiculous is expecting a company to have unlimited supply, on a new product, they don't know how will do.
Well ok that maybe true? But Federal through in the towel on every turkey load in every guage to go with this TSS stuff .
Even did it in .410 so that' showed confidence. Dropped Hw7 in 20 and 12 , which was hard to get at times. 
Made an ettempt at some limited lead offering?
Unlimited supply? Most on here can't get it.
The rest of the turkey hunting world hasn't even seen it yet,most don't even think about it until April.

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 06, 2018, 06:56:11 AM
I'm kind of surprised how many act like they can't seem to live without this ammo, yet they've never shot it before.  I understand that TSS has superior performance over every other kind of shot, but what you hunted with before now didn't somehow magically become useless overnight.

Jim

No kidding, and its not like there aren't a bunch of other good options.  People freaked out last year when you couldn't find the new longbeards in 20 gauge. 

TauntoHawk

You don't know you need an upgrade until you know.. and once you know it's the only thing you know

Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WyoHunter

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 06, 2018, 06:56:11 AM
I'm kind of surprised how many act like they can't seem to live without this ammo, yet they've never shot it before.  I understand that TSS has superior performance over every other kind of shot, but what you hunted with before now didn't somehow magically become useless overnight.

Jim
My thoughts exactly. I'd like some real field experiences and how they pattern in my 20 ga. Beretta. She loves Federal HW 7's and if the TSS doesn't pattern well I still have 3 boxes of HW. My 12 ga. Beretta favors Hevi 13 7's. I don't mind paying for superior performance but I'll need to see some results before I commit to TSS. Fortunately the turkeys haven't heard they're harder to kill now than in the past.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

MShillhunter

I ordered Federal TSS in .410 earlier this week and got a notification today saying it would be here Monday.  I hope thats true.  Can't wait to see how it patterns out of my old .410

fallhnt

Quote from: MShillhunter on March 08, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
I ordered Federal TSS in .410 earlier this week and got a notification today saying it would be here Monday.  I hope thats true.  Can't wait to see how it patterns out of my old .410
Where did you order from. I need some .410 tss. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

MShillhunter

Quote from: fallhnt on March 08, 2018, 07:45:45 PM
Quote from: MShillhunter on March 08, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
Where did you order from. I need some .410 tss. Thanks

I ordered mine from Cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzardroost

My 410's should be here tomorrow from Cabelas. I'll post up a pattern when I can.

MShillhunter

Good deal.  I hope mine patterns ok.  It's a Winchester Model 37A Youth Model with a full choke.   It was my late uncle's who I never had a chance to meet.  He was an avid outdoorsmen.  I killed my first dove with it probably 22 years ago and have rarely shot it since.

fallhnt

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 08, 2018, 09:57:14 PM
My 410's should be here tomorrow from Cabelas. I'll post up a pattern when I can.

Did you order on line or call? It won't let me make a selection on line.

buzzardroost

Quote from: fallhnt on March 11, 2018, 04:39:10 PM

Online. They might have sold out since then or something.

owlhoot

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 11, 2018, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: fallhnt on March 11, 2018, 04:39:10 PM

Online. They might have sold out since then or something.

It happens faster than a hypersonic duck load exits a short barrel shot gun . Boom it's gone

fallhnt

I just want .410. That can't be that hot of a seller,could it?

turkeywhisperer935

It may not be that hot of a seller but with the tss material shortage it effects everything.

owlhoot

Quote from: fallhnt on March 11, 2018, 07:22:59 PM
I just want .410. That can't be that hot of a seller,could it?

It goes as fast as they put it up. Youth seasons are coming fast. They probably are not putting a lot of it out as the 12 gauge will more than likely be the product they are concentrating on ?
That and waste of tss in their mixed loads  ::)