only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

N"WTF"???

Started by Sir-diealot, February 24, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on February 24, 2018, 08:24:49 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2018, 08:22:22 PM
You need to get a trumpet call.  They are addictive.   My neighbors and my Wife hate mine.

This is excellent advice. My office cube neighbors hate them too.  :lol:
@Guesswho and paboxcall I would very much like to though I fear it may not be in the budget this year, my GF and I have a van that is on it's last legs it seems, and we are hoping it can make it through til next winter but I don't think it will so all spare money is mostly going to the get a new vehicle fund. If repairs are not to bad this Friday then I want to get 2 mouth calls from a member here and a slate from another member.

@paboxcall Thank you very much for the welcome.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cut N Run

You need to get a trumpet call.  They are addictive.   My neighbors and my Wife hate mine.

Turkey calls possess exactly the correct pitch to infuriate my wife in less than 20 seconds, almost like flipping a switch.  Excessive volume just speeds the process.

I met a woman at Tikal, in Guatemala in the late 1980s from Costa Rica named Maria Jose who was studying Oscillated Turkeys working towards her Doctorate. A large portion of her research was being funded by the NWTF.  Their reach goes beyond our borders and really does help the wild turkey.  I'm definitely not a fan of Turkey Country magazine, nor over-paying corporate officers, but I appreciate their accomplishments and achievements.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cut N Run on February 24, 2018, 08:49:45 PM
Turkey calls possess exactly the correct pitch to infuriate my wife in less than 20 seconds, almost like flipping a switch.  Excessive volume just speeds the process. Jim

My GF is going to be the same way I fear, at least the dog likes my calling.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

dswmsn

Concerning the NWTF, I guess you have to sometimes take the good with the bad. Our society is full of overpaid "Fat Cats" in all walks of life & occupations. Does that mean you quit supporting that organization? That is up to the individual and is really no one else's business IMO. I am sure the NWTF has accomplished all sorts of good for the Wild Turkey.

fallhnt

If your not a member you should join.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

dejake

$300k for a CEO of that size corporation, with their amount of fundraising is not unreasonable at all.

dublelung

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 24, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 24, 2018, 02:20:14 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
What's the purpose of this post... ?     
I think this guy is bored/lonely he's even posting comments on classified adds. I get it you want to be involved but every single post doesn't need a comment lol
A. I am not the only person that pays compliments in those adds, B. I am still learning the site and indeed have posted in the wrong places at times, I am trying to pay more attention to the subcategories so I don't do that as much, but my meds make me a bit forgetful so bare with me, I will get the hang of it but if I see a new type of call I have never seen like I have here on 3 or 4 occasions already you will have to forgive my enthusiasm and why would you want to quell that anyway, I love it when somebody gains interest in any of my interests, it is how we get new blood in and keep the older blood in as well.

There's nothing wrong with your post. Some people just like screwing with other people. They're the reason most forums have the "ignore" tab. Don't take it personal and carry on.
As for the NWTF, I'm still a member but only for the reduced priced chufa seed. To me Rob Keck was to the turkey world what Jackie Bushman was to the deer world. I think they even shared bandanas and bolos.  ;D

FL-Boss

Quote from: dejake on February 25, 2018, 05:01:52 AM
$300k for a CEO of that size corporation, with their amount of fundraising is not unreasonable at all.

totally agree.. I was actually surprised as I though it would be higher...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on February 25, 2018, 02:09:35 AM
If your not a member you should join.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I am a member.

John Koenig:

southern_leo

I agree, Sir-diealot post what ever you want how ever often you want. Maybe the question was dumb to Massey, but it wasn't to you so ask. If someone doesn't get or like the post it makes me wonder why they took the time to respond. One word...drama. some people would rather start drama then help others. I've also seen other posts I didn't like before so I just skip over them, it's that easy. I would never discourage a new member. I say ask away, post several times a day, this is as much your forum as anyone else's (besides Shannon it's his more lol). This is a great forum but like all public forums it also has a few less desirable members who would rather argue than contribute to discussions. Most members here are great help and great discussion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: southern_leo on February 25, 2018, 01:45:19 PM
I agree, Sir-diealot post what ever you want how ever often you want. Maybe the question was dumb to Massey, but it wasn't to you so ask. If someone doesn't get or like the post it makes me wonder why they took the time to respond. One word...drama. some people would rather start drama then help others. I've also seen other posts I didn't like before so I just skip over them, it's that easy. I would never discourage a new member. I say ask away, post several times a day, this is as much your forum as anyone else's (besides Shannon it's his more lol). This is a great forum but like all public forums it also has a few less desirable members who would rather argue than contribute to discussions. Most members here are great help and great discussion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks southern_leo for the kind words (by the way is the leo your name or sign, I know some people are into the later like my GF that is why I ask)

I am 48 now and have developed a thick skin, not so much when I was younger so nobody is going to get me discouraged. I really like it here. 

Just so everybody know's Greg Massey did contact me in a PM and we are good now, just a bit of a misunderstanding.

John Koenig:

guesswho

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 25, 2018, 02:32:18 PM
Just so everybody know's Greg Massey did contact me in a PM and we are good now, just a bit of a misunderstanding.
I hope it was nicer than the pm I got from him.  :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on February 25, 2018, 02:53:48 PM
It was very civil.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on February 25, 2018, 02:53:48 PM
Lol , your so funny.... :TooFunny: