OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Wynne persimmon slates?

Started by idratherb, February 24, 2018, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idratherb

Ya he called me this morning but I wanted feedback before I committed. I need another turkey call about as much as I need a hemorrhoid.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Txag12

It's a pretty good slate, not my favorite pot but that's because I am not a big slate guy and usually prefer a slate with more shrill and pop to it. The wynne is mellower deep sounding call.

dixiemagnum80

Tagging in here. My voicemail just came through also.

MikeStaten

Quote from: Txag12 on February 24, 2018, 11:33:04 AM
It's a pretty good slate, not my favorite pot but that's because I am not a big slate guy and usually prefer a slate with more shrill and pop to it. The wynne is mellower deep sounding call.

I agree.  Workmanship is perfect.  Great sounding if you are looking for a mellower tone.

scoot12

thats why I love the slate,  has that deep mellow tone you don't hear much anymore.  I have so many slates that sound like glass calls that I wanted something different.  If you don't like the mellow tone,  you wont like it.  Scoot

idratherb

hunter22

jed clampett

I thought it was just ok...i don't even use my p latz cherry much though....prefer crystal or glass

birdhunterdave

I got one a couple months ago,its an awesome call and you won't be sorry if you buy it.

Fieldturkey

Hey Tj if you get that call and don't want it I'll buy it from you

Yelper

Quote from: scoot12 on February 24, 2018, 12:57:50 PM
thats why I love the slate,  has that deep mellow tone you don't hear much anymore.  I have so many slates that sound like glass calls that I wanted something different.  If you don't like the mellow tone,  you wont like it.  Scoot

That is correct, it is a slate that sounds like a slate and not a glass call.

The one on the left is a zebra wood glass over glass and the right one is the persimmon slate.

IMG_20180224_164813390

yelpy

I got a call from him today. Said he had lots of orders. Has a few calls made up and is going down his list calling out to guys that ordered calls.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02

Here's a sound file.. Credit goes to golfernash. I think it sounds pretty darn good. 

https://youtu.be/iKy6fQk5khQ

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk