OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Wynne persimmon slates?

Started by idratherb, February 24, 2018, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfernash

It is a great slate. Like people have said it has a deeper,  mellowed tone but can get raspy with a little more striker pressure. 

Spitten and drummen

I have The persimmon and the zebrawood. Hunted the persimmon twice and killed birds both times. Good enough for me. It is a real old school slate sounding call that flat sounds like a turkey. Between my Platz slates , my Cody slates and eddies slates , I have all of the bases covered as for as a slate surface.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

I told Eddie I was still interested... and to ship it out (he got overwhelmed with orders last year - looking at YOU OG! lol). It arrived today. I'm glad I had him send it.

I did a very quick sound bite just to compare & contrast 3 slates. I consider high / medium / low for tone. Don't judge on this sound bite - garage recorded (cold & windy as all heck outside)... but it gives you an idea of the pitch of the call. All played with same striker [Lymann Hickory].

I like it. Wynne persimmon is 3rd on recording. It has a very nice full depth sound to my ear - where other calls often sound flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThjdESGpXIg

Yelper

Worse slate ever made.  Before you go and burn yours, **SEND** them to me to be placed in my burn pile. I will pay your shipping also. :z-guntootsmiley: