News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Had a pretty cool design idea

Started by CMBOSTC, February 18, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

Quote from: southern_leo on February 19, 2018, 02:06:37 PM
Anyone who makes pots can instantly see differences. Including Chris has consistent side walls and vector doesn't,
Chucking method is different, pot overall shape is different. Let's move on past this. If anything this thread has made vector look bad. It's hilarious to me that someone actually thinks they have rights to a shape. Better get ready to sue stop sign companies too because I bet they copied vector also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Don't forget Dana White and the UFC!

Deast1988

I like threads like this, when a fan boy comes out to defend deflect and degect something. I won't be using a vector call nore do I intend to run one based off all this spam. Mouth calls diaphragm cuts are they patented? Most all the pots I've seen are round. I like the looks of the call, if I see vector at a trade show I'll keep walking.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Deast1988 on February 19, 2018, 09:17:45 PM
I like threads like this, when a fan boy comes out to defend deflect and degect something. I won't be using a vector call nore do I intend to run one based off all this spam. Mouth calls diaphragm cuts are they patented? Most all the pots I've seen are round. I like the looks of the call, if I see vector at a trade show I'll keep walking.

You're gonna pass judgment on the maker because of one of his customers nonsense? Everybody has fanboys and haters, to let their actions impact your judgment of a call makes you, well.... I'll just stop there.

Not to further degect from Chris' thread, as it's obvious this guy went overboard, he could've said hey, this isn't a "new" idea per say, and made it opportunity to be informative. While he went about the situation entirely wrong, so are you.

yelpy

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on February 19, 2018, 11:35:43 AM
I am truly humbled by the support of everyone, it was never my intention for all of this commotion. I did receive a reply email from Vince. I'm not going to go in to detail but, I am disappointed that he doesn't share my perspective. I have always tried to be on the right side of issues. While I understand the views against my making this call, I have to stand up for myself just as I have for others. An octagon is a basic shape that no one owns, it's not a unique design and I will continue to make them. Thank you for your support!

Chris
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

Keep on at it!!! You put a twist to the call with that rim and it looks great!!! As far as Vince goes tell him there's a copy of his call on ebay and to move on. My old friend that was my neighbor and passed away a few years back actually had a patent on the octagon pot a long time ago and Vince's pot looks identical to his. I am sure there are a lot more makers using the octagon but I have yet to see one quite like yours.