OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had a pretty cool design idea

Started by CMBOSTC, February 18, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

Green slate/slate in a cedar pot. This one will be going in my vest for sure. She's not finished to the degree that I would normally finish a call as she is a prototype. There's no doubt that I'll be making more. There's a spot on the back of the pot that looks like I took a hammer to the call, it's a discoloration that looks weird in the photo.

https://soundcloud.com/user-824597130/octagonal-design-pot

southern_leo

That's different for you. Why the shape change? Just something new or intended purpose? Looks good either way

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sbbow

Vector calls has been using that shape since he started making call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

sbbow

Vince Vector has been using that design since 2002 an the cedar come from his uncle an grandfather that milled it. The design that u are using isn't nothing new. It would be a gentlemen's way it stop using it IMO.

sbbow

Happy hooker

I don't think we can say the octagon shape can't ever be used again,,then we could say you can't use the round  shape any more or you can't checker a box call because Neil Cost first did it.

sbbow

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 19, 2018, 06:20:41 AM
I don't think we can say the octagon shape can't ever be used again,,then we could say you can't use the round  shape any more or you can't checker a box call because Neil Cost first did it.
Not saying that at all but there are to many similarities between the 2calls. The ring an pen are 2 things that stick out to me.

WV Ridge Reaper

Looks good Chris!!!

HookedonHooks

Ronnie Clough (Close Calls) has been using this style for a long time too...

CMBOSTC

Wow, I didn't expect all of this to be waiting for me when I woke up. I appreciate the heads up about Vector Calls and I will contact Vince myself to let him know that my idea came from me and not just me copying his call. I can honestly say that I was unaware that anyone used this shape. I do agree though, that the octagon shape can and should be used just as the circle, and other shapes that are used.

TJ, I'll put you down.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: southern_leo on February 19, 2018, 12:46:48 AM
That's different for you. Why the shape change? Just something new or intended purpose? Looks good either way

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I guess I just had and idea that popped into my head and I went with it. One thing that I noticed that I really like is the fact that you can grip the call well.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: sbbow on February 19, 2018, 07:15:34 AM
Quote from: Happy hooker on February 19, 2018, 06:20:41 AM
Not saying that at all but there are to many similarities between the 2calls. The ring an pen are 2 things that stick out to me.

What is the ring and pen?

idratherb

smokey made me a slate just like that 10 years ago

KYHeadhunter02

I like it! Good job Chris!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk