OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF BUYS

Started by southern_leo, February 16, 2018, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Let's see what you bought this year...

I got a halloran mm2
Halloran all weather striker
Houndstooth ceramic
Gooserbat BGS G2 diaphragm
Halloran DVD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

outdoors

SOME NICE PUC-UPS
HOWS THE halloran MM2. SOUND
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

southern_leo

Quote from: outdoors on February 16, 2018, 07:32:04 PM
SOME NICE PUC-UPS
Honestly I almost bought the crystal mistress over the mm2. They are very very close. I really liked them both. Mm2 just seems to have an extra pop at the end if you know what I mean. Halloran is an awesome guy too

jed clampett

What's the ceramic like...did you get to run many??

fountain2

The mm2 is crisp.  It's loud.  The yelps are great.  I didn't buy one, but ran several and it's a great call.

Thst houndstooth ceramic is nice too.  It ran smooth and sounded really good.  Didn't grab it either, but it's a very nice call

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: southern_leo on February 16, 2018, 08:39:51 PM
SOME NICE PUC-UPS
Honestly I almost bought the crystal mistress over the mm2. They are very very close. I really liked them both. Mm2 just seems to have an extra pop at the end if you know what I mean. Halloran is an awesome guy too

That's a bit disappointing.. I ordered the MM2 and the mistress... Wondering if I should change the order,  if they are that close??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

southern_leo

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 16, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
SOME NICE PUC-UPS

That's a bit disappointing.. I ordered the MM2 and the mistress... Wondering if I should change the order,  if they are that close??

To be honest I like the front end of the mistress better and the finish of the mm2 better. I'd love to have both, but I bought a ceramic too so could afford it all. I'll still buy a mistress one day

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 16, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
SOME NICE PUC-UPS

Can't have too many!
I've got 10 Halloran pots and will be adding another tomorrow.
I really like David's calls, they're are good sounding calls and will all do the job but out of all of them if I had to grab one to go over yonder and kill that turkey it would be the Twisted Sister.
It's in it on league in my opinion. I didn't hunt it the last 2 years for trying to kill with other calls from other makers.
I got it out tonight and played it and felt like a dummy for leaving it behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

Sounds like brad roberts had a handful of box calls for sale,,,love to see a picture of one.

whiskey

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 17, 2018, 05:24:51 AM
Sounds like brad roberts had a handful of box calls for sale,,,love to see a picture of one.

I was looking for Brad yesterday, but didn't see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TauntoHawk

Quote from: jed clampett on February 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM
Of all there ceramics I've had Lyle's was hands down a winner! The one I had was a cherry pot, It helped stack 4 birds in 3 days but a vet I had out for bird number 4 fell in love with the sound and I gifted him the call. Haven't replaced it but really need to get another

It was not real raspy it was more sweet and sassy and I found it the perfect complement call for the twisted sisters nastyness

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trax

I was working one of the agency booths for families outside the main exhibit hall from 9 til about 2.
Figured I'd ease over in the early afternoon to try and snag some 20gauge tss. Both federal and apex had sold out well before noon the first day.
Great, the whole reason I showed up. Haha.

You know what was a little sad... walking by the Hevi13 booth that everyone was ignoring. Those guys just looked a little dejected.

I did buy some federal 3rd degree, and got a free glass call with the purchase. And some long beard xr.

Then I got home and impulse ordered some heavyweight 7s just to see me through in case I can't get the ammo I want before season.

southern_leo

Quote from: jed clampett on February 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM
So a ceramic was my main goal. I tried hanks, halloran, pecker wrecker, american strutter, and houndstooth. I played them all with available strikers. Halloran and houndstooth were the clear winners easily. I liked houndstooth just a tad better but mainly bought it because I wanted to own a houndstooth since they were close and I don't have a houndstooth. Lyle was super nice too. But while playing hallorans I decided on the mm2 also. I actually leaned a little more towards the mistress but a guy I was talking to said he and his buddy bust out the metal mouth when nothing else works and birds answer. So since I liked them both I got the mm2. But I honestly hated the ceramic hanks and American strutter use. It was slick and the striker didn't grip well. Ceramics should run conditioned or not. And they knew it. At American strutter I tried to soft play it and the guy said "that one has been run alot so it's smooth we can open you a new one", hanks said the same thing. I asked hanks to condition it so I could run it soft. It helped some but still had to hold the striker just right. The pecker wrecker was a little better. Halloran and houndstooth ran perfect soft and loud. Both awesome guys also. The houndstooth used to be a cherry pot, but he switched to a walnut/cherry laminate. I'm very happy I waited to play them and very happy with the houndstooth. Wish I had extra funds to get a mistress too, but now I know my next pot. Over all it's hard to beat Halloran calls. I'm not a fan boy/name chaser, but halloran makes some runners and his whole family is nice so I like supporting someone like that.

Prohunter3509

Well I got me a Matt McClain red slate Anda tube call
Got to meet at the and really enjoyed talking with him
Hanks calls a a ceramic I liked maybe next time
And Matt  a suction call I get next year
Wow it was crowed
Good prices on Woodhaven diaphragms