OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF BUYS

Started by southern_leo, February 16, 2018, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: jed clampett on February 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM
What's the ceramic like...did you get to run many??
That Houndstooth is a sharp looking call

Ranger

Quote from: Trax on February 17, 2018, 10:10:54 AM
I was working one of the agency booths for families outside the main exhibit hall from 9 til about 2.
Figured I'd ease over in the early afternoon to try and snag some 20gauge tss. Both federal and apex had sold out well before noon the first day.
Great, the whole reason I showed up. Haha.

You know what was a little sad... walking by the Hevi13 booth that everyone was ignoring. Those guys just looked a little dejected.

I did buy some federal 3rd degree, and got a free glass call with the purchase. And some long beard xr.

Then I got home and impulse ordered some heavyweight 7s just to see me through in case I can't get the ammo I want before season.

Where did you find the heavyweight 7s?
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

1iagobblergetter

If I ever go just look for the guy with the shopping cart. That would be me..Please feel free to introduce yourselves.

Trax

Quote from: Ranger on February 17, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
I was working one of the agency booths for families outside the main exhibit hall from 9 til about 2.
Figured I'd ease over in the early afternoon to try and snag some 20gauge tss. Both federal and apex had sold out well before noon the first day.

You know what was a little sad... walking by the Hevi13 booth that everyone was ignoring. Those guys just looked a little dejected.

I did buy some federal 3rd degree, and got a free glass call with the purchase. And some long beard xr.

Then I got home and impulse ordered some heavyweight 7s just to see me through in case I can't get the ammo I want before season.

Where did you find the heavyweight 7s?

I was able to score 3"ers last night. Sold out now.
2 and 3/4 going fast.
https://www.mackspw.com/Federal-PHT256F7-20-Gauge-2-3-4-Inch-1-1-8-Ounce-7-Heavyweight-Turkey

TNhunterKMC

I surprised by the price for 20 gauge TSS - $26 a box, and they have a $5 per box rebate right now (2 max).   That's much cheaper for a TSS load than hand loading.

Spitten and drummen

1-5/8 ounces of 9s in a hand load 3" 20ga load. How many ounces in those factory loads?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 17, 2018, 08:42:38 PM
1-5/8 ounces of 9s in a hand load 3" 20ga load. How many ounces in those factory loads?
1 1/2 oz...in the 9's

BottomLand54

happy hour buy 2 boxes get 1 free federal tss

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 17, 2018, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 17, 2018, 08:42:38 PM
1 1/2 oz...in the 9's

Somebody pmed me and said 1-1/4 ounces. I was wondering. 1-1/2 sounds much better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tennessee Lead

Matt McLain Curly Maple slate and Bubinga and Osage striker
Matt McLain micro tube in English Walnut
Tony Reynolds Lil Huzzy box call
Harrison Hoot N Stick
Ol Tom I-Beam 2.0 in Bottomland
Steve Brown lanyard and Hat.
David Halloran MM2 with all Dark Macassar Ebony striker
DVD
Then this little Jewel
Flamed Box Elder Red Slate with 2 piece Diamond wood striker and 2 more Macassar Ebony strikers one light and one swirled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_leo

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 18, 2018, 12:50:28 AM
Harrison Hoot N Stick
DVD
Then this little Jewel
Flamed Box Elder Red Slate with 2 piece Diamond wood striker and 2 more Macassar Ebony strikers one light and one swirled.

Omg I didn't see hallorans red slate!! Probably a good thing. That's awesome man you got some great items thanks for the photos

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: southern_leo on February 18, 2018, 01:10:27 AM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 18, 2018, 12:50:28 AM
Harrison Hoot N Stick
DVD
Then this little Jewel

Omg I didn't see hallorans red slate!! Probably a good thing. That's awesome man you got some great items thanks for the photos

Thanks ! I got more than I should have but I'm very pleased. I'm ready to put them to use !

rbreedi1

I picked up a Walnut Green Slate by Mark Cornelius and let me tell you it's smokin'! He won 1st in slate with it at NWTF grand nationals and several other state contests so far this year. He told me he was 1 pt from winning the DD Adams call Maker of the Year award.  It sounds better than all my other slates for sure, and I've got some high end ones.

photo host sites
Thunder Ridge Totes

southern_leo

Quote from: rbreedi1 on February 18, 2018, 10:00:31 AM
I picked up a Walnut Green Slate by Mark Cornelius and let me tell you it's smokin'! He won 1st in slate with it at NWTF grand nationals and several other state contests so far this year. He told me he was 1 pt from winning the DD Adams call Maker of the Year award.  It sounds better than all my other slates for sure, and I've got some high end ones.

photo host sites
I didn't see his booth. I've always wanted to play his calls. I'm also upset Lon was apparently at another companies booth. Wish I had known that too. I was limited on time so I bypassed alot. Oh well, next year.

buzzardroost

Really wish I would have known Lon was there. Had no idea.