News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington Filing Bankruptcy

Started by taylorjones20, February 13, 2018, 09:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 13, 2018, 09:17:29 AM
Yep.. some of the other big names are struggling as well. Sales are way down.  Obama was the best thing to ever happen to them...and they know it.   Having Trump get elected was the worst thing ... no more fear factor..

100%

tha bugman

WOW Big Green going down....hate to hear this.

trkehunr93

Bankruptcy doesn't mean we'll necessarily see the end of Remington.  Corporately they will likely restructure and possibly merge with another company or a new CEO will be brought into rejuvenate the company and the brand.  That's my glass half full scenario.  Lots of competition nowadays.  We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 14, 2018, 11:10:46 AM
Bankruptcy doesn't mean we'll necessarily see the end of Remington.  Corporately they will likely restructure and possibly merge with another company or a new CEO will be brought into rejuvenate the company and the brand.  That's my glass half full scenario.  Lots of competition nowadays.  We shall see.

i'm sure its a restructure, even at a loss that's too much revenue to walk away from
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bbcoach

Here's a good read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Arms  Remington is already called Freedom Group.  They were sold back in early 2007 and had already accumulated millions of dollars of debt.  This may be chapter 11 but this doesn't look good for their future.  I think we will see some go under and some companies consolidate just to stay afloat.

BottomLand54

I'm glad trump is in office and I am glad I just went to Walmart and bought a new 870 20 gauge camo compact for 367.00 plus taxes model 81174

And I bought a new Remington 11-87 about 3 or 4 years ago.

Some call It junk I say thank God for others junk in my trunk because one mans trash in another mans treasure I also have a benelli sbe2 25th anniversary, and a new Franchi Affinity 3 not bragging just saying speaking from someone who has em both. I love em all. I will agree the Remington shotgun today ain't your grandpas 1100 or wingmaster but to call them junk is a little wild I believe.

I don't want to see any gun manufacture go belly up. We love our guns and gear. That would be folks without jobs, no money equals no way to afford mortgage payments car payments and food.

I am thankful for America, I am thankful for my president, I am thankful for Remington.

Hopefully benelli will buy em out and keep them in business.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 13, 2018, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 13, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
You can only go off your name and sell junk for so long until people get tired of it.  15 years ago Remington was a quality shotgun and a great price, not so true anymore

EXACTLY!!!!!!!
Its more a sign of the times than anything...Scrimp,cut corners,get it out the door as fast as possible at all costs.(It just finally caught up with them)..Hopefully they will get back to quality and not quantity and pull through...
I also agree less hunters and more competition has a part to play in it..

GobbleNut

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 14, 2018, 11:10:46 AM
Bankruptcy doesn't mean we'll necessarily see the end of .....

How true,....If only it were not....

hambone50

Nevermind their firearms...they lost me with their ammo issues a long time ago.  My brother, Dad, and I got burned on corelokt misfires out of 3 different calibers...

I've never owned a rem shotgun, but i watched a friend of mine's new 870 fall apart on him. No doubt the older shotguns are great, but the newer stuff had taken a nose dive IMO.

They'll pull through the re-structure though, and will probably be better for it.

ElkTurkMan

I own three Remington shotguns and three remingto rifles. All of them are older except for one of the rifles which was purchased in 2010. You can tell a big difference in the quality of the older guns versus the new guns. I hope big green can get through this and get back to producing the guns we grew up with and expect from Remington.

Swather

Quote from: davisd9 on February 13, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
You can only go off your name and sell junk for so long until people get tired of it.  15 years ago Remington was a quality shotgun and a great price, not so true anymore

The problem I had with the last Remington I bought goes back to about 1998.

But this paragraph tells the story of one of its biggest problem, and that is being bought by the LBO pirates (they adopted "private equity" for better PR) and pillaged, plundered, and stripped to death by fees while suffering declining quality and a big drop in gun sales.

Cerberus Capital Management LP, the private equity firm that controls Remington, will lose ownership of the company as a result of the bankruptcy. The company's creditors, which include Franklin Templeton Investments and JPMorgan Asset Management, will exchange their debt holdings for equity in the company.

High plains drifter

I like Remington.Ive fired thousands of rounds through Remington shotguns.Never a problem.

owlhoot

Haven't seen any problems  :smiley-char092:  yet ?

buzzardroost

See my post about discontinuing a lot of parts for the 11-87 Super Mag. That's my thoughts on Remington, they can forget my business.

LaLongbeard

I've said it before 99.9% of the complaints about 870s is with the cheap Express models. Spend some money and get a Wingmaster and you will have no issues. The model 700's same thing if you try to bargain hunt and buy a Wallmart Adl model you'll get what you pay for the higher end BDL is a better made gun. It's like everything else Remington couldn't keep the low end models the same quality as the high end models and make a profit. I hope Remington can make it thru this situation and not move production to China or Japan like Winchester.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?