OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Filing Bankruptcy

Started by taylorjones20, February 13, 2018, 09:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Yep.. some of the other big names are struggling as well. Sales are way down.  Obama was the best thing to ever happen to them...and they know it.   Having Trump get elected was the worst thing ... no more fear factor..

davisd9

You can only go off your name and sell junk for so long until people get tired of it.  15 years ago Remington was a quality shotgun and a great price, not so true anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

It's for sure sad days in the world of gun making ...companies ...some of Remington's low in rifles have not been very good quality but with most of the shotguns I've not seen a lot of problems. I'm thinking Remington was the first to come on the market with lower price 870 pump with the birch stocks etc. Which started changing the market for all gun manufacturers....down hill for quality for sure...

PALongspur

Quote from: davisd9 on February 13, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
You can only go off your name and sell junk for so long until people get tired of it.  15 years ago Remington was a quality shotgun and a great price, not so true anymore

I agree 110%. You couldn't give me a new Remington product.

Big Guy

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 13, 2018, 09:17:29 AM
Yep.. some of the other big names are struggling as well. Sales are way down.  Obama was the best thing to ever happen to them...and they know it.   Having Trump get elected was the worst thing ... no more fear factor..
yep.  Thanks a lot Trump!

USMC0331

I have firearms from each of the manufactures out their with 0 problems from their end. Remington started making the lower end firearms  to be sold at Wal-Mart such as 788 and 887 as well as the No finish 870. The shotguns and rifles with the life time warranty are good to go. People want auto and pump shotguns for 200 dollars and expect them to be like 20,000 dollar guns.

Spitten and drummen

Honestly I believe that AR platform firearms have became the demand in this day and time followed closely by custom built firearms. There are a whole bunch of companies showing up now days that are building firearms. Just my 2 cents.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

idratherb

Yep back in the day they were the real deal, not so much now.

LaLongbeard

It is sad that an American company that's been around as long as Remington could not keep up the quality. My old 870 Wingmaster has served me well but the new models I've seen have been pretty rough.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

SKFOOTER

Quote from: davisd9 on February 13, 2018, 10:36:38 AM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

bbcoach

Quote from: Big Guy on February 13, 2018, 12:01:27 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on February 13, 2018, 09:17:29 AM
yep.  Thanks a lot Trump!
Has nothing to do with Trump.  It has to do with selling junk.  Their products have been on a decline for years.  With the new administration supporting gun rights, they just won't sell as much junk.

FL-Boss

Look at the numbers overall. Ruger, S&W, and others are seeing declining sales...and stock pricing way off the highs before the election.  True, the Remington quality is not the same.. but I guess we older guys think that about everything these days. Nothing like my old 870 Wingmaster, Winchester Model 12  or Belgium made Browning, or 1984 Chevy truck... how often do we say that.
Obama created tons of fear for gun owners which keep gun shops packed.

MK M GOBL

There are a lot of trends going on here, as we hate to think there are a lot less of us "Hunters" in the market any more and fewer coming in to it. I still live in an area where hunting is pretty active, but I see less youth getting in to it... There are a lot of reasons I feel are about this but that's my interpretation . And would agree company wise they have fallen from the quality of product they have been making, in part competing in price with others. Drop in price, drop in manufacturing, drop in quality... Remington struggled many years ago and this is part of that result... I would have to look into the Chapter 11, but think this let's them do business for a while and see what they can do with the company, such as selling and such. Going to be a hard day for those involved and the suppliers and other businesses. Hopefully they can find a way to remain open and get back to the once quality firearm they produced.

MK M GOBL

LaLongbeard

I'd still prefer Trump to Obama bankruptcy or not lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?