New Nomad Turkey Vest Video Review

Started by Coop1082, February 07, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

grayfox

Great review Coop! Looks like a really nice vest.

paboxcall

Coop - What's the purpose of the buckles hanging off each side of the padded seat? When you pop the seat down, those buckles are hanging. Thanks for the clarification!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Coop1082

Quote from: paboxcall on February 10, 2018, 11:32:07 PM
Coop - What's the purpose of the buckles hanging off each side of the padded seat? When you pop the seat down, those buckles are hanging. Thanks for the clarification!

Paboxcall if I'm correct on which buckles you are talking about, those are to hold the seat up. I had them disconnected so the vest could fully hang. Those straps coming off of the seat snap to two buckles on the vest itself and the straps can be adjusted to how how far the seat will drop or not drop when you detach it from the magnets! If those aren't the straps you are talking about, let me know! 
CRUSADERS

[/img]

paboxcall

Those are the ones Coop, thanks for clarifying. Without seeing it firsthand (I'm a visual learner) I couldn't see the purpose of the buckles on the right and left side watching your seat flip down.

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 11, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Paboxcall if I'm correct on which buckles you are talking about, those are to hold the seat up. I had them disconnected so the vest could fully hang. Those straps coming off of the seat snap to two buckles on the vest itself and the straps can be adjusted to how how far the seat will drop or not drop when you detach it from the magnets! If those aren't the straps you are talking about, let me know!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Coop1082

Quote from: paboxcall on February 11, 2018, 10:48:26 AM
Those are the ones Coop, thanks for clarifying. Without seeing it firsthand (I'm a visual learner) I couldn't see the purpose of the buckles on the right and left side watching your seat flip down.

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 11, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Good deal buddy! I've been messing with it some more and getting a better feel for it. I'm moving to a lanyard this year (from Del Crow) for locator calls to free up the front horizontal pockets for a scratch box or two. It is a very "no room/pocket wasted" vest. Every pocket serves a purpose and there isn't any clutter or overkill and I think I've just about got it loaded the way I want it. I'll do a follow up review here in the near future with it loaded down the best way for me personally!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

spur collector

Coop1082

Would anyone be interested in a follow up review now that I have some time with the vest and it's loaded exactly the way I want it for opening day? I just don't want to beat a dead horse but if you fellas want to get a little more information on it I'd be glad to do one. Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

paboxcall

I would appreciate your time if you did so. Like to see what's going on in the back game pocket too. Thanks Coop.

Coop1082

You got it pabloxcall. I'll get something worked up tomorrow at some point during the day. I'll post the YouTube link here as well as make a separate forum subject for anyone who misses this one.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

buzzardroost

I'd like to see a follow up. I should see them in person but not until Friday at NWTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

Done deal buzzard. I'll try to hit anything I realized I missed in the follow up as well as get a shot of me wearing the vest and the fit on my frame.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Bolandstrutters

Really hoping I like these when I get my hands on one.  Been searching for the perfect vest for years.  The snaps for the pot call pocket was the worst thing they could have done besides making it velcro.  I mean seriously.  Anyone with any turkey hunting experience would see that design and ax it right away.  May end up going back to the cabelas tatr.  Regret not just buying another one when I gave mine to my friends son. 

tha bugman

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 13, 2018, 09:43:23 PM
Would anyone be interested in a follow up review now that I have some time with the vest and it's loaded exactly the way I want it for opening day? I just don't want to beat a dead horse but if you fellas want to get a little more information on it I'd be glad to do one. Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
A follow up vid with the vest loaded would be great!  Thanks!