OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Nomad Turkey Vest Video Review

Started by Coop1082, February 07, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Here is a rough review of the new Nomad MG Turkey vest. If for some reason the video is grainy on YouTube for, shoot me a PM and I'll text you the video from my phone so the quality is better and you can get a better idea. Thanks guys.

https://youtu.be/eY3Qx32ZNpc
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Coop1082

Forgot to add if you just want still pictures of the vest or certain areas of it I can do that as well.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

vt35mag

FL-Boss

great review. It's beyond me why the manufactures rarely do a simple reviews like this.

Coop1082

I'm sure I missed touching on a few things that people would like to know. One I forgot to mention is the fit of the vest itself. For me it's perfect. I'm 6'2 190 so I'm fairly easy to fit but for the most part it seems like there is an abundance of adjustment if needed. Anything I missed and you would like to know, ask away!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

davisd9

Thanks for the review.  Hope to see one in person.  It is crazy that manufacturers cannot even post detailed photos of something they are selling.  Especially something like a vest with many different areas to it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Coop1082

I agree. I actually feel like it's a disservice on this one. Pictures make it appear as though it's lacking storage space. Hopefully the video showed that you've got plenty of room with this vest. It's not overbearing but you've definitely got room to tote quite a bit along with you.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

BottomLand54

Thanks man for the review, I don't like the snap pot call either to me that's a deal breaker lol. Also doesn't look to have that much room in it I guess I am spoiled with my tatr2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

It's definitley not the "roomiest" vest in existence but for my style of hunting (this is just me personally) it's more than enough. I have an issue with having to make sure every pocket in a vest is used and with the Ol' Tom I-Beam 2.0 I looked like I was going to diffuse a bomb instead of kill a turkey. 75% of what was in that vest was never used. I will say I wish the inside pockets were all a little deeper but I can't honestly think of anything I would take into the woods that was necessary for me that would need the extra size. And yes the pot call snap is frustrating lol. I'm hoping it breaks in and it appears as though it should with use.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Coop1082

If worse comes to worse on the snap, my wife is a fairly handy seamstress. I'll get her to make me a hook and string for it! Haha
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Tail Feathers

It's Ok to leave an empty pocket you know... :TooFunny:
Quote from: Coop1082 on February 07, 2018, 10:58:21 AM
It's definitley not the "roomiest" vest in existence but for my style of hunting (this is just me personally) it's more than enough. I have an issue with having to make sure every pocket in a vest is used and with the Ol' Tom I-Beam 2.0 I looked like I was going to diffuse a bomb instead of kill a turkey. 75% of what was in that vest was never used. I will say I wish the inside pockets were all a little deeper but I can't honestly think of anything I would take into the woods that was necessary for me that would need the extra size. And yes the pot call snap is frustrating lol. I'm hoping it breaks in and it appears as though it should with use.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Coop1082

Lol! I'm well aware tailfeathers! It's almost like a form of OCD. If I see an empty pocket I instantly have to find something to put in it. I don't why the heck I get that way about a empty pocket!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

paboxcall

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 07, 2018, 11:33:32 AM
If worse comes to worse on the snap, my wife is a fairly handy seamstress. I'll get her to make me a hook and string for it! Haha

Excellent review Coop. I left the vest behind few years ago for a fanny pack with a shoulder harness, just got to carrying way too much stuff - 21 pockets in it and I had them stuffed. Fanny pack - paired a lot of it down to essentials.

Pot call pocket snap - take five minutes to sew a big button on the bottom and a strip of leather on the flap, just wrap that leather strip around the button 3 or 4 times. Lots of work arounds options, but to your point, should need a work around. 

Thanks for taking the time to post the review. This particular vest has me thinking of going back to one. What I miss about a vest is the padding on the back for leaning against a tree.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Coop1082

Thank you fellas for the positive feedback! I know it's not the most ideal review but as already mentioned it's rare that you see an actual video of a vest with calls, essentials, etc in the pockets. Your practically going in blind. I know this vest has a lot of "hype" surrounding it so I wanted everyone to get a fairly general idea of what they were diving into. Paboxcall, this vest actually saved me from a pack! For two years I've been lugging that Ol' Tom around and don't get me wrong I LOVE to haul calls into the woods. Unfortunately at some point enough is enough. This vest hit the nail on the head for me. Plenty of room for the call fanatic but not total overkill. Every pocket is "useful" and there isn't just random pockets, mesh, strings, tabs, etc just hanging all over the place!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

sixbird

Man Coop...You don't need to apologize for that review even a little! Fine review...You went over a lot of stuff that I had questions about and answered them completely. You should be pro staff for them!