turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How does the US Postal Service do it ??

Started by Yoder409, December 07, 2017, 09:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

I can NOT figure them out................

Last week I bought a call out of NJ.  It took 8 days to come 300 miles via Priority Mail.

Tuesday I sent out 2 of my longbox holsters.  One was going 180 miles.  The other 540 miles.  The 540-miler was delivered today.  The 180-miler is still in transit..............

Huh ????

Anyone work at the P.O. that could shed some light on this ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

I don't work for the post office but I am a ups driver and wish I could post a picture of my truck every day for the last few weeks, minimum 12 hours a day, no one shops at a store anymore!

Yoder409

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 07, 2017, 09:11:29 PM
I don't work for the post office but I am a ups driver and wish I could post a picture of my truck every day for the last few weeks, minimum 12 hours a day, no one shops at a store anymore!

I know what you mean..............
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

idratherb

3bailey3

Amazon and wal mart, the other day I had a package from wal mart that was falling apart, inside was 4 bags of charcoal, any of you carry 4 bags of charcoal in your arms up to check out!

jakesdad

I live in NE Missouri about 100 miles north of St Louis .  Ordered
Something from
Cabelas that shipped from Wisconsin . Went from Wisconsin  to st louis, st Louis to des Moines ,back to st Louis then to me. Package passed thru my town 3 times before I got it. Efficiency  at its finest.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

doublespurs21

I just received a package the other day.. I paided for 2 day shipping and I got the package  in 6 days. the tracking number showed that it was sitting somewhere for 3 days before it move again..

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 07, 2017, 09:04:39 PM
I can NOT figure them out...............Anyone work at the P.O. that could shed some light on this ??

I think they turn left.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

gaswamp

I work for the postal service and you are at the mercy of FedEx or DHL or other air line freight in the middle transit.

Farmboy27

This isn't the time of year to expect something to arrive quickly! 

Yoder409

No matter WHAT time of year, one would think that 180 miles would be delivered faster than 540 miles.........

Dunno......
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Update:  I guess when you go from western PA to West Virginia via Washington D.C. it'll be a while.......................

The 180 mile package STILL isn't delivered.......
PA elitist since 1979

mmclain

I work for the PO.   And the package volume is insane.   Not counting the Amazon delivery.   It will get there.  Ride with me on a route and you'll understand.

Old Gobbler

I don't work for usps , but I do work for ups ...I'm my nearly 27 years of working there I've never seen anything that can compare to what I've witnessed this year
..and we haven't even got to the last 2 weeks the worst part, we ussully see a 12 %increase over L-Y (last year) this year 17 ...we are completely slammed ....my word of advice if you have anything going crosscountry ....order it right now , Monday or Tuesday may be too late

They have the ups driversion including myself working 70 hour work weeks including. ...Saturday and they are saying sundays...

I'm sure usps and fedex are slammed real good too--shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

callmakerman

You have two shippers killing it for every one else. Walmart and amazon are flooding the market. Even with the big three moving the freight it's still to much to handle and will only get worse.