turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How does the US Postal Service do it ??

Started by Yoder409, December 07, 2017, 09:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyduke

Was talking to our local postman and he told me that they deliver only for Amazon on Sundays.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

bornagain64

I work for the USPS, I have been a clerk for 31 years.
I can tell you what the problem is. Management and new employees.
The managers have no idea of the jobs and what it takes to do them. The motto now is do more with less people. 1 day the managers are concerned about the front counter, next day is cfs, next day is something else. Not just get everything done and do a good job at it.
We have really let customer service go to the wayside to try and cut corners and save $. ( sad but true)
The problem with the new employees is lack of training. Again the PO saving $; show the new employee something 1 time and throw them in there.  All of the other post are correct as far as the volume, still should only take a few extra days with the volume.

Yoder409

Well, anyways...........the package got delivered today.   So all's well that eventually ends well, I reckon.

I should clarify, maybe, that the intent of my OP had nothing to do with the outright time in transit of the slow package........   I was just amused (and still am) that the one that went 540 miles was delivered in 2 days.  But the one going 180 miles took 6 days.   Kinda backwards, in my way of reasoning.........that was all.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Turkeyman11

Because they are run by the Federal government and they don't have to make a profit to stay in business,  and therefore they don't care!

Cottonmouth

I've been working for UPS for 28 years and we are getting slammed.  I knew it was going to get bad when people started to get dog food in a 50 lb bag shipped from Wal-Mart.com.  Say it's easier than loading it in their car at the store. We are always understaffed so at doesn't help matters.

Yoder409

Quote from: Cottonmouth on December 16, 2017, 04:49:44 PM
I've been working for UPS for 28 years and we are getting slammed.  I knew it was going to get bad when people started to get dog food in a 50 lb bag shipped from Wal-Mart.com.  Say it's easier than loading it in their car at the store. We are always understaffed so at doesn't help matters.

I understand that completely.   Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.