turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2017 turkey fan display

Started by rraymond, June 03, 2017, 12:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraymond

Here is my 2017 turkey fan display. How can I fix the frayed feathers on the right side? Any repair tips? Also lets see some of your fans

Greg Massey

Can you pull it together with some black thread on the back of the feathers...

GobbleNut

If you have another fan or tail feathers from another bird (or know someone else that hunts and might have some tail feathers), my suggestion would be to just add another feather in that location.  Fit the feather in place and use superglue to glue it to the surrounding feathers. 

2eagles

Why is it like that? If that's the way the bird was, I'd leave it as is.
I like it!

GobbleNut

Quote from: 2eagles on June 03, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
Why is it like that? If that's the way the bird was, I'd leave it as is.
I like it!

Looking at the feather, it appears to be smaller in size than the rest of the tail.  My guess is that the gobbler had lost that feather at some point in the past and the new one was growing in, but had not reached its full size yet. 

g8rvet

It has character!  I would leave it as is. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

rraymond

No the tail was perfect . I did that while working on it

Swenny

No tail fan is perfect, it's the gaps and imperfections that give them character.  I'd leave it as is, you did a great job!!!!!  I'm jealous.

Swenny

Here's my 2017 tail fan.  The edges got frayed somehow as I was completing it.

appalachianassassin

looks like you spread it out too far when it was drying.

birddogdoc

1iagobblergetter

I also wouldn't worry about it and agree it was probably just spread to far. Now you know what not to do next time...Still looks good...

MDSTRUTNRUT