turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who's still grinding?

Started by wdog, May 26, 2017, 12:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdog

I'm out right now set up in the spot where one snuck past me before I had to leave for work.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Ran to Vermont last weekend w my brother and watched him shoot a stud gobbler.

He's killed in Maine and New Hampshire in the last 3 days.

I'm headed to Maine Thursday night to hunt the last two days of the last turkey season open in the United States. 

wdog

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 27, 2017, 02:54:48 PM
Ran to Vermont last weekend w my brother and watched him shoot a stud gobbler.

Shot my first bird in New Hampshire. Beautiful country I would love to do a multi state new England trip.

He's killed in Maine and New Hampshire in the last 3 days.

I'm headed to Maine Thursday night to hunt the last two days of the last turkey season open in the United States.

borderjumper

Still have a pa.tag left and will give it a try.First year that I have got two birds.One in Crawford county pa and one in Geauga county Ohio. My best spring ever and don't want it to end.

Gander Club

Quote from: wdog on May 27, 2017, 01:46:01 AM
Quote from: dutch@fx4 on May 26, 2017, 05:13:20 PM
Still have one tag for Ontario Canada. Are season closes on the 31.  Still lots of strutting going on.lots of gobbling on the roost but thy shut right up once thy hit the ground

That's typical this time of year I have seen. Try sleeping in and hunting around 9 and after

Be new at this and getting my first gobbler this week. Do they gobble later in the day this time of year? I'm trying to get one for my 11 year old now.

turkeyfeathers

Killed a bird here in NY on May 8th.  ( A dandy too : just short of 1.5 " spurs, 11" beard and a booming 23.75 pounds)Only have been calling here and there for friends since. Hunted the 2oth with daughter but didn't play with any birds. I simply didn't want to tag out with out a chance at a double with her. Hoping tomorrow is "that day" as it's her last hurrah with school and exams. I'll hunt Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Last year I hunted 100+ hours and 20 days in May. Hoping the 2 LB's and or 10 jakes out there want to play.

wdog

Quote from: Gander Club on May 28, 2017, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: wdog on May 27, 2017, 01:46:01 AM
Quote from: dutch@fx4 on May 26, 2017, 05:13:20 PM
Still have one tag for Ontario Canada. Are season closes on the 31.  Still lots of strutting going on.lots of gobbling on the roost but thy shut right up once thy hit the ground

That's typical this time of year I have seen. Try sleeping in and hunting around 9 and after

Be new at this and getting my first gobbler this week. Do they gobble later in the day this time of year? I'm trying to get one for my 11 year old now.

Yeah midday can be awesome

wdog

Bird down zone 2 wi. Bird's are active but won't finish alot of belly crawling The past couple of days.