turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who's still grinding?

Started by wdog, May 26, 2017, 12:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdog

I have two tags left for wisconsins last season that ends on the 31st. who is still out here chasing and how is the hunting been? Man I love me some late season long spurs.

wytrat785

Still grinding here in Kansas. I have one more tag to fill this weekend. Saturday isn't looking good weather wise but Sunday is looking good. Hope it's better than last weekend. I didn't hear one gobble or even see a tom last weekend but had fun watching several hens feed, preen and fluff from the early morning rain. Times like that I really enjoy watching them interact with one another and listen to their calls in the hopes to continue my turkey education and learn something new :)

otinhunter

Heading to Wisconsin in a few hours from IN for the last few days of season with a good freind that I haven't hunted with in a long time. Looking forward  to getting back in the woods and learning some new ground.

fallhnt

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

stinkpickle

I have a Kansas tag left, but the boy wants to fishing this weekend...so we'll go fishing instead.

wdog

Quote from: otinhunter on May 26, 2017, 12:43:10 AM
Heading to Wisconsin in a few hours from IN for the last few days of season with a good freind that I haven't hunted with in a long time. Looking forward  to getting back in the woods and learning some new ground.

Which zone? you should still bee good im seeing alot of strutters still.

Tommy Strutsalot

still at it here in PA after bird #2.  It's been a pretty wild season for me, one of the best for me in terms of having birds around.  Spent some time after a very wary bird and he eventually was shot by the neighbor.  Have a pretty good gameplan for another, have until 5/31 to seal the deal.

Borat

Still grinding while I can.

Sadly, our time is limited for the Spring of 2017.  Enjoy what you can, fellas.

otinhunter

tha bugman

mspaci

dutch@fx4

Still have one tag for Ontario Canada. Are season closes on the 31.  Still lots of strutting going on.lots of gobbling on the roost but thy shut right up once thy hit the ground

nosaj

We end on the 31st in NH as well.  As of last weekend the toms were still with the hen's.  I am hoping that by this weekend they may have been cut off and are looking for new love.

wdog

Quote from: dutch@fx4 on May 26, 2017, 05:13:20 PM
Still have one tag for Ontario Canada. Are season closes on the 31.  Still lots of strutting going on.lots of gobbling on the roost but thy shut right up once thy hit the ground

That's typical this time of year I have seen. Try sleeping in and hunting around 9 and after

nativeks

I've got a tag. This has been one of my worst years between poor bird numbers and high water. Lucked into shooting a bird in my south field a couple weeks ago. Swore I was done but just saw a strutter on my way home from work.