turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Planning Ahead

Started by Improvinghunter101, May 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Improvinghunter101

Well hopefully the good Lord allows me to make it to next season.  This year had some high's and low's like every other.  Just wanted to know if anybody else is already planning ahead for next year like I am? I've got a couple different spots in mind.  Only about 6 months until I've got to start convincing the ol' lady.

maddog3355

Every year at this time I say to myself I'm going to be in better shape before season starts but seems like I fall further behind!!

fallhnt

I got Fall turkey season next...looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Rzrbac

Yes, I'm hunting another state next year.  I don't know if it's MS, AL, TN or KS but I'm gonna hunt something beside MO and hopefully it's a little drier than this season.

Spitten and drummen

Im a spring turkey hunting addict. Im glad when the season wraps up where i can get rested back up and things get back to normal , but that only last a couple of weeks. Im right back to counting days until next season.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

I have a October elk/mule deer hunt in Idaho to finish the details for as well as my deer and bear hunting in PA/NY when that wraps up in the winter I'll turkey my attention back to turkey with at least 3 states for next spring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

I'm not done this year, still have a late Nebraska hunt.  With that in mind, I think I'll make Texas and Kentucky next year.  I have an invitation to both.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

skimerhorn

Lining up a md hunt and scouting new property now. Also food plot time

guesswho

I'm planning on getting moved into our new house we bought back in January.  Still haven't moved the first piece of furniture yet.  I did get the Internet and direct tv hooked up a couple weeks ago so I'm on a roll ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on May 14, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
I'm planning on getting moved into our new house we bought back in January.  Still haven't moved the first piece of furniture yet.  I did get the Internet and direct tv hooked up a couple weeks ago so I'm on a roll ;D
Don't forget to made room for the Funky Chicken Turkey Decoy....ha ha ha

guesswho

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 14, 2017, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: guesswho on May 14, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
Don't forget to made room for the Funky Chicken Turkey Decoy....ha ha ha
That would be Funky Chickens!   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

LaLongbeard

Leaving for Nebraska tomorrow and my season will be over. Lord willing I'm planning Florida ,Texas Louisiana and Kentucky or Tennessee for 2018. I have been a bow hunting fanatic for years but  I think I'm burnt out on deer I  think this fall I will squirrel hunt and scout new places for Spring Gobblers.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

WW

I start planning about 12-18 months ahead. Going to south Florida for the March 3rd opener, then to SC, Montana and then to Kansas to hopefully finish my single season slam. Planning is the fun part.

tha bugman

It never ends.  If I am deer hunting I am looking for turkey....If I am turkey hunting, I am scouting for deer as well....and making turkey calls all in between!   :TooFunny:

wisconsinteacher

I'm really hoping to go out of state for the first time to turkey hunt.  I'm excited to see new ground and try a new state for birds.