OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Planning Ahead

Started by Improvinghunter101, May 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksfan

I'm really going to try to hunt a state I have never hunted before.  My top three choices would be Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Kentucky. Would be willing to do a hunt swap for Missouri.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

So far this spring I've killed in Florida, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, and Missouri.  Hoping to add Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine to the list by the end of the week. We'll see how it goes.

As for 2018, my preliminary plans are Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio.

I'd like to complete my Super Slam within the next 5 years.

Hooksfan

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 15, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
So far this spring I've killed in Florida, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, and Missouri.  Hoping to add Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine to the list by the end of the week. We'll see how it goes.

As for 2018, my preliminary plans are Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio.

I'd like to complete my Super Slam within the next 5 years.

I thought North Dakota was resident only. Is there another option I wasn't aware of....native lands or something?

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Reservation land option for NR's

Improvinghunter101

I'm so ate up with turkey hunting, my wife had turkey tracks engraved on my wedding ring and on the inside, it says for better or worse hunting seasons.  I got in to bow hunting deer a few years ago but nothing beats turkey hunting.  I would love to try somewhere with my bow for turkeys next year.  I took it on my last trip this year in case it was hot and heavy but it was anything but. 

grayfox

By the time it goes out I'm already looking forward to next season. I only get to hunt Alabama but it's what I live for. Since 2014 I've had two rotator cup surgeries & another disk in my neck fused. But I always get the repairs done after turkey season so I will rehabilitated by the next spring season.

Improvinghunter101

Grayfox, you sound about like my dad.  He had to have surgery on his hand one year in the fall, but he pushed it off through all the waterfowl seasons and turkey season before he had it done.

Happy

For me it's about staying in shape, work outside and round the house and watching my kids play sports. Fall is football, and volleyball, some bowhunting and rifle hunting(aka) meat collection time. After that we are into Christmas and the turkey calls come back out. Can't Say a day goes by without thinking bout spring turkey season though. It's all about staying busy till it comes round again and then trying desperately to make it slow down so I can enjoy it to its fullest which never seems to happen

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

High plains drifter

This fall I'm goose hunting in Saskatchewan , which is simply the best, then turkey hunting in Montana , and North Dakota . I scouted a new area I want to try, because I got permission on a great ranch.