turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well....

Started by BABS9, April 25, 2017, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABS9

Well... leave for Ohio Thursday probably around noon. To finally hunt some turkeys. Put a vortex venom on the gun shot it few weeks ago to dial it in. Went back to the range just now to make sure everything is ready to roll. Take one shot. Boom dead on patterns is awesome. Come back looking at the site. The glass is cracked on the bottom where it touches the metal.. I'm furious immediately call vortex customer service told them what happened and that I leave for Ohio in two days. They are overnighting a brand new venom should be here tomorrow. Now I got to scramble mount that and re site in by Thursday morning not to mention I shoot magnum blends at like 6 bucks a shell lol. Of course the timing. Lol well get her done though.!

Bowguy

Good luck Bill. This type thing is why I got rid of my red dot within 12 hrs. Thinking next year gonna try a scope. Good luck in Ohio. Our season opened yest n I hunted 1-1/2 hrs. Called in one Jake

davisd9

Dang, hate to hear that! I have thought about a red dot but just never could make myself do it. Hopefully this one will work out well for you! Good luck hunting and safe travels!

Will keep peeking one here to see what you get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Hey good luck!  Vortex has one of the best warranties out there.  Glad to see there making it happen fast.  I'll check back to see the grip n' grin.

BABS9

Thanks guys! Got everything ready to roll. Even though it shouldn't have broke I couldn't be happier with vortex customer service. Top notch. Was on my door step when I got home yesterday. Should be headed out by noon and hunting in the morning! I'll keep you updated hope I can add that final bird! Good luck to everyone still hunting!!

davisd9

Quote from: BABS9 on April 27, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
Thanks guys! Got everything ready to roll. Even though it shouldn't have broke I couldn't be happier with vortex customer service. Top notch. Was on my door step when I got home yesterday. Should be headed out by noon and hunting in the morning! I'll keep you updated hope I can add that final bird! Good luck to everyone still hunting!!

Safe Travels!  Good luck!  Hopefully you will kill one large enough to know my score off the board!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

BABS9

Longbeard down! Details to come

davisd9

Congratulations! I will go ahead and get it set up to add score to official score thread!

Bowguy

dirt road ninja

Congrats. Where in Ohio r u?

BABS9

Thanks guys! I'm hunting in Waterford. Washington Co.

Rzrbac

trkehunr93

Way to get it done!  Congrats.

WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."