turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blue box call chalk

Started by jed clampett, April 21, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

Where does a fella buy blue chalk for boxes...got red..green..gray...and white....thanks

OHturkey85

jed clampett

Will check it out..thanks...anywhere else?...i live in illinois so a little bit of chalk..is gonna cost me...shipping and tax...not a deal breaker though...!

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: jed clampett on April 21, 2017, 04:27:35 PM
Will check it out..thanks...anywhere else?...i live in illinois so a little bit of chalk..is gonna cost me...shipping and tax...not a deal breaker though...!
Our Walmart normally keeps it from Cedar Creek calls IIRC
It's carpenter chalk probably find it at hardware stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

What is the difference in the chalk? Just color?

crow

Quote from: yelpy on April 22, 2017, 09:16:28 PM

I get a little more rasp out of a call with the blue carpenters chalk compared to the white railroad chalk

Greg Massey

You will get more rasp if you buy the rain chalk,,, also you can get it with striker conditioner ...rain chalk is the best...  It has a lot more grip...

TauntoHawk

Rain chalk is where it's at

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lucky_Strutter

I like the walbucks red chalk, haven't tried the rain chalk yet.
The Great White Spur Hunter

Marc

You have to be careful using different chalks on your calls...  Many types of chalks from my understanding have waxes in them that can ruin a wooden call (such as sidewalk chalk, or standard  chalkboard chalk).

I have always felt that red chalk sticks better, but your question motivated me...  Turns out red chalk does stick better...

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ask-toh/chalk-line
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Marc on April 23, 2017, 12:27:38 AM
You have to be careful using different chalks on your calls...  Many types of chalks from my understanding have waxes in them that can ruin a wooden call (such as sidewalk chalk, or standard  chalkboard chalk).

I have always felt that red chalk sticks better, but your question motivated me...  Turns out red chalk does stick better...

Rain chalk will stick better than any chalk...in my opinion ...i have used the red also...

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 23, 2017, 12:56:20 AM

Rain chalk will stick better than any chalk...in my opinion ...i have used the red also...
I have the opposite opinion.
The rain chalk will wear off quicker compared to the blue or red.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 23, 2017, 01:12:43 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on April 23, 2017, 12:56:20 AM

I have the opposite opinion.
The rain chalk will wear off quicker compared to the blue or red.

I think it looks that way because the chalk is white and show's up better.. but a box will keep working with just very little rain chalk...more so than with other chalks ...

JFarley

Anyone have a lead as to where to buy the walbuck red chalk?