OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blue box call chalk

Started by jed clampett, April 21, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Rain chalk is definitely the way to go.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

M Sharpe

pm me your address, I'll send you a whole stick!

MArk
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

boatpaddle

Rain chalk or Rose art chalk...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Jacobson

I was disappointed in the rain chalk, blue Carpenters chalk  is available at most hardware stores and it works great on all my box calls.

ferocious calls

Sky blue sidewalk chalk works great on my calls. Been using it for many years. I was told it has the least amount of wax of the sidewalk chalks.

For a buck you get all of the colors at the dollar store. Give the rest to the kids. Don't knock it till you try it.

Greg Massey

Quote from: ferocious calls on April 25, 2017, 05:59:09 PM
Sky blue sidewalk chalk works great on my calls. Been using it for many years. I was told it has the least amount of wax of the sidewalk chalks.

For a buck you get all of the colors at the dollar store. Give the rest to the kids. Don't knock it till you try it.
No way i'm using sidewalk chalk on my high dollar call's...

Happy hooker

Where do you usually find rain chalk

BOB_HARWELL

When dry, the white part of turkey droppings works better then any chalk ever made.

Bob

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

jed clampett

:TooFunny:4
Quote from: BOB_HARWELL on April 29, 2017, 09:47:17 PM

When dry, the white part of turkey droppings works better then any chalk ever made.

Bob.....is that called turkey chalk?? :toothy12:
now if I could just find the ones that eat blueberries!

sixbird

If you search "rain chalk", you'll get the contact info. of the owner and manufacturer. He's a great guy and he'll get it right out to you...
Here's his contact info in case you don't feel like searching:                                                                                  (479) 331-2870
penlineproductionllc@centurylink.net

tha bugman

Go to dollar tree and get a box of side walk chalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merriamsman

I just got a Hustlin' Hen box call from Billy White, and he says to only use white railroad chalk on it - he said to never use colored chalk as all of those pigments contain oil which can seep into the call. That was different than what I had always heard that the brown and blue carpenters chalk was the way to go. I'm thoroughly confused now.

M Sharpe

Here's what I have found down through the years. Some boxes like blue, some like white, some like the orange and some like the brown. Don't be afraid to try different chalks!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

HFultzjr

Quote from: M Sharpe on May 02, 2017, 10:07:35 PM
Here's what I have found down through the years. Some boxes like blue, some like white, some like the orange and some like the brown. Don't be afraid to try different chalks!!

^^^^^ This is what I usually do also.^^^^^^

However, on a wet, damp morning, I find my Rain Chalk calls always sounding better. Dry conditions.......different chalk sounds different on each call.