turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First hunt, First bird!!

Started by EKyhookr, April 02, 2017, 11:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EKyhookr

4 birds just over the ridge gobbling good before daylight, just a couple tree yelps good response. Watch them fly down onto the same ridge we were on. Hit em with a fly down cackle, nothing. Couple minutes later my little man says "I see a daddy turkey" he came in silent full strut to 35 yards my boy said he couldn't shoot him it was too far. Hit him with the soft stuff he gobbles and struts for 30 minutes behind a dead fall. Get aggressive with him with fighting purrs and cutting then went silent. He closed the rest of the way. So proud of my boy, he's hooked for life now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyturkeyhunter4

Congratulations on your first turkey!

Dukejb

EKyhookr

Thanks for all the advice everyone gave me on taking a youth. I went with a leafy blind the layout is similar to a ghost blind. Worked out perfect, concealed all his taking gloves on and off, pointing at the turkey as he statues 40 yards away and all the itching of his pant legs. Probably could have ended the hunt a lot quicker, I was having to make way more turkey sounds than I wanted with the bird being so close to cover up his coughing. Which I think he was doing on purpose just because I told him not to.

coyote1

Congrats!

That's funny. Sounds like most kids, do the opposite of what you tell them lol.

wdog

How old is your boy?that's a proud dad congrats

CMBOSTC

Yeah, that's awesome! Good going Dad!

mgm1955

That's what it's all about. Congrats!!

wvmntnhick

Congrats. With any luck, I'll have a similar picture with my nephew in a couple weeks.

rockymtngobblers

Female hunter hunting the wild turkey for over 20 years.
Earn your gobbler, no Roost shooting.

Lucky_Strutter

Awesome, good job and congrats to you both!
The Great White Spur Hunter

Kylongspur88

suburbhunter

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats to that young man