Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wild Game Nat'n...It's an embarassment...

Started by sixbird, March 29, 2017, 07:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 30, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
I don't think anybody is calling out the legality of what they (Busbices) are doing, I beleive people are calling out the sillyness of what they do.
Regardless how silly they are Big Bill has a net worth of 100 million , so i guess he can have whatever kind of show he wants...lol.... Just from selling bad calls, trail cams and the cross bows are pretty good...and whatever else he sales...100 million ...omg...

trkehunr93

Quote from: supremepredator on March 30, 2017, 06:03:55 PM
Omfg! And bone collector? I mean how does t-bone even get in the stand? And once he does, how does it not collapse under the weight of his balloon lookin a**. Then luke bryan comes flamboyantly prancing into the scene and is like "omg!! Lets go swack us a dag burn monster buck!! Home slices!" then boom! Buck waltz in to the 50 pounds of magic acorn cotton candy bull crap they got out. Then lukes like "omg girlfriends!!! Theres he is!!! That's picket fence jr!!" (draws his $1,000 bow) "did i hit him???" "did i hit him!?" (que the celebratory girlish screams) then he gos to make another god awful "country song". Don't even get me started on pigman. Im sorry, what was this thread about again?
I forgot those boobs!  Yeah T-Bones been hitting the can cooker a bit to much, Michael Waddell is just a loud mouth "lay the smackdown on freak daddy", Luke Bryan is just goofy.  Pig Man, oh lord, A"Pork"alypse Now.  Did anyone see that foolishness? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddturkeyhunter

Don't have much time to watch TV, sounds like I am the lucky one now.

g8rvet

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on March 31, 2017, 08:58:39 AM
Don't have much time to watch TV, sounds like I am the lucky one now.

I don't either, but I DVR them and high speed.  If they bore me?  Delete. 

What calls does Eddie Salter promote that are not functional?  I honestly don't pay any attention to that as I speed through the commercials.  I mean, if you buy a $6 call, you probably got your $6 worth!  I don't watch any of those shows for the ads.  he just looks like he would be fun to hunt with.  You could be right, I have no idea. 

I use a Raspy Old Hen mouth call, a Triple Glass call I picked up years ago and a handmade slate a client gave me, so I am far from a call expert.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

tha bugman

I have moved on.  I have better things to do with my time, like actually hunting something tasty to eat!

J.D. Shellnut

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 30, 2017, 04:59:23 AM
The Busbys are a disgrace to the state of La and real hunting. Sadly most of the La hunters I come across look up to idiots like them.I'm glad the duck commander phase is finally  dying out but there will always be more to take there place.
Not this la. boy!!!!!!!     :you_rock:
60% of the time it works every time!

MK M GOBL

Quote from: g8rvet on March 31, 2017, 01:40:31 PM
What calls does Eddie Salter promote that are not functional? 

So Eddie promoted the H.S. Strut Squealing Hen Call... Now I can't say this was not a push for selling a "New" product that was all the rage to just make turkeys coming running. One deal I heard with this is that they used some old footage of a gobbler running in and they "inserted" the squealing hen call and they got called out on it. It was a very short lived product.

IMO one of the biggest jokes out there, now hens do make this call but if you heard her doing it you would have been about 20ft away from her at most. Watch some of the YouTube promos for the call and the kicker was the same call was promoted as a coyote call and cow elk call... All they did was change the color of the call (Black, Tan and Green) and wording on packaging LOL marketing scheme...

MK M GOBL

greencop01

I just saw Mike Waddel on his show with Mr Knight and Mr Hale and they were fanning. I couldn't believe they were fanning. I got to thinking maybe they were trying to connect with a new generation of hunters. It made me think. Even though I wouldn't do it, if fanning was good enough for these two greats of turkey hunting maybe they see something I don't. I still wouldn't do it, but the way I see it "a house divided will fall."  Just my  :z-twocents: worth.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Happy

It's true a house divided will fall but so will a house run by lazy slobs.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

ccleroy

Quote from: guesswho on March 30, 2017, 12:26:54 PM
Oh my!   Where's all the yeah but it's legal crowd?   

For the record I've watched about 30 seconds total of this crew.  It took me about 15 seconds to realize that it wasn't for me, and another 15 seconds to pick up the remote and change the channel.  I agree, I don't understand why sponsors want their products associated with crap like this. But I don't see any difference between turning off their show and voicing an opinion on them because you don't like what their doing, and others turning off shows and videos because they don't like certain tactics or equipment being used even though it's legal.  I've been reminded more than once if it's legal it has to be ok, right?   

Yep, I was unaware they even had a show anymore. I dropped The Outdoor Channel years ago.

owlhoot

Quote from: greencop01 on April 01, 2017, 09:16:42 AM
I just saw Mike Waddel on his show with Mr Knight and Mr Hale and they were fanning. I couldn't believe they were fanning. I got to thinking maybe they were trying to connect with a new generation of hunters. It made me think. Even though I wouldn't do it, if fanning was good enough for these two greats of turkey hunting maybe they see something I don't. I still wouldn't do it, but the way I see it "a house divided will fall."  Just my  :z-twocents: worth.
The old greats are in it for the money ? Attracting new hunters (customers) with new ideas, calls etc. Innovation has been their motto. Waddell and the gang joined them???
They seem like completely different types of hunters. Well it's their business decision and I would have to think that they would do well.

I kinda liked their old videos.
They got their fan for sell yet! ::)

RutnNStrutn

I've actually stopped watching hunting shows all together. The majority of them are shot on game farms where herds of deer walk by and squadrons of turkeys inhabit the land. Most of the settings have food plots or crop fields, and the hunters tell us to set up between the roost/bedding area and the food source. Then they do just that and wait for the critters to mosey by on their way to eat. And then there's the incessant hawking of their products. I got fed up with them, and I didn't feel like paying extra to watch these shows. So I don't.
I would love to see one of these "professional hunters" come down to Florida and hunt heavily pressured public land. Now that would make for a boring TV show. :lol:

Cottonmouth

They need to come hunt a WMA in MS.... See what they are made of.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 30, 2017, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 30, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
I don't think anybody is calling out the legality of what they (Busbices) are doing, I beleive people are calling out the sillyness of what they do.
Regardless how silly they are Big Bill has a net worth of 100 million , so i guess he can have whatever kind of show he wants...lol.... Just from selling bad calls, trail cams and the cross bows are pretty good...and whatever else he sales...100 million ...omg...

To some, money IS everything; that leads for a sad existence. I, for one, prefer to be respected. I don't care if you are worth $100 million, or $1, if nobody respects you, what do you really have? It is truly sad to see grown men run around like a bunch of bafoons just to make a buck...

stinkpickle

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 31, 2017, 08:17:04 AM
Quote from: supremepredator on March 30, 2017, 06:03:55 PM
Omfg! And bone collector? I mean how does t-bone even get in the stand? And once he does, how does it not collapse under the weight of his balloon lookin a**. Then luke bryan comes flamboyantly prancing into the scene and is like "omg!! Lets go swack us a dag burn monster buck!! Home slices!" then boom! Buck waltz in to the 50 pounds of magic acorn cotton candy bull crap they got out. Then lukes like "omg girlfriends!!! Theres he is!!! That's picket fence jr!!" (draws his $1,000 bow) "did i hit him???" "did i hit him!?" (que the celebratory girlish screams) then he gos to make another god awful "country song". Don't even get me started on pigman. Im sorry, what was this thread about again?
I forgot those boobs!  Yeah T-Bones been hitting the can cooker a bit to much, Michael Waddell is just a loud mouth "lay the smackdown on freak daddy", Luke Bryan is just goofy.  Pig Man, oh lord, A"Pork"alypse Now.  Did anyone see that foolishness? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Busbices, I understand...but you guys don't like the Boner Collectors?    :TooFunny: