OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat giveaway... The Big One

Started by Gooserbat, March 19, 2017, 12:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

Thanks for the oppurtunity !!
05/31/09 21st birthday bird! Last day of the season! Otsego County,NY. 21.5 pounds 1&3/8 spurs 9.5" beard. I've gotten birds with longer beards and a little heavier, but overall he is the best to me. His spurs are zipper pulls on my turkey vest.
Id love to try your High Class Aluminum!!

guesswho

My biggest score wise was in 2002.  Scored 156 and som change.   Six beards totaling 56" and one and 5/16 Spurs if I remember right.   Still ranks as Alabamas all time #2 and top 50 all time. 

Crystal would be my choice.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wvmntnhick

Biggest bird to date was shot the morning of Mother's Day 3 years ago. A gentleman was kind enough to let me hunt his property but I hadn't gained permission until after the season had opened. Told my wife I was going over to grab my permission slip from where he'd left it and was just going to listen to see if it was worthwhile at all. Got there about 45 minutes before daylight and soon as I got out and started walking towards the permission slip I thought I heard a bird gobble. Being it was that early figured I was hearing things. Continued on my way and then heard it again so I did the fat man shuffle back to the truck to get my gear and was going to grab the slip later. Walked into the wood line expecting the bird to be in that woodlot somewhere but had no idea of where I was at the moment. Waited for daylight under a big old oak tree and never heard him again. Had three birds gobbling across the field so I moved to the edge of the lot and got set up only 25 feet away from the oak tree I was standing under prior to. Birds pitched down in the next field over and I was waiting for them to make a move one way or the other so I could slip in from the backside to make a play. That's when it happened. A loud thunderous gobble rocked my morning and it was close. I turned my head and looked up. This bird was still in the tree that I'd stood under while waiting for daylight. I know he watched me get set up but it didn't seem to bother him much. He flew down about 70 yards away and then turned and came right back to me. Shot him at 27 steps and was home in time to fix breakfast before the wife got out of bed. Bird weighed just shy of 24 pounds, had a 12" beard and 1.5" Spurs. It's the same bird in my avatar. Best bird score wise to date and I doubt I'll get one that big for some time to come.

As for calls, I'm a glass, crystal guy. Aluminum is fine too. I don't really care to be honest. Thanks for the chance.

stinkpickle

I haven't done a good job of keeping track, so I'm not sure what my highest scoring bird is.  I just know that my heaviest, most inches of beard, and longest spurs are three different birds.  I think my heaviest was about 27lbs.  I got a double beard once...10 3/4" and 7".  And I have a few legs with spurs just a hair over 1 5/8". 

The High Standard Crystal would be my choice.  Thanks for the giveaway!

suburbhunter

Mine was on 4/19/14   :turkey2:

23 LB
10" beard
1 1/4" spurs

High Standard Crystal would be my choice. Thanks.

SKFOOTER

25 lbs.  11" beard.  1 1/2" spurs.   High Standard Aluminum.

beagler

I've killed my share but never a bruiser. Heaviest was 21lbs with a 9 1/2" beard and 1" Spurs. Did kill another with a paintbrush beard 11" long but that one only weighed 18.5lbs
High standard aluminum if I'm lucky enough
Never Misses

TalksToTurkeys

My biggest bird had 4 beards
10" 9" 8" and 7"
3/4" spurs Worn down from rocks on the mountain
24 lb. 2 oz.

Would like to call in a bigger one with a high standard crystal

Dtrkyman

Heaviest bird 27lbs, legit scale!!! 1 7/8 spurs are my longest and 11.5 beard, not all the same bird though.

High Standard Crystal

rbreedi1

Biggest bird 18lbs 1.25 in spurs 10.25 in beard. I would love to try the High Standard Aluminum! Thanks
Thunder Ridge Totes

born2hunt

Mine was 22lbs with 1 1/4 spurs and 3 beards totalling 22".

I'd love to try one of your aluminum pots...thanks for the chance.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

va_jon

Very first bird I called in was 19# 10.5 inch beard and 1.25 spurs.  Shot him at 1150. Just 10 min before quitting time. He came in so fast I didnt have time to grab anything but my gun. No hat facemask or gloves.

As for the call. The high standard aluminum thanks for the offer

BillBlanks

23 lbs, 11 in beard, and 1 1/4 in spurs.  I'd love to try one of your crystal calls.  Thanks for setting up and doing this giveaway!

compton30

19.5lbs, 10.5 inch beard, 1-1/8 spurs.

High Standard Aluminum

ddturkeyhunter

Had a Merrian shot in WY Black Hills that weight 24 pounds and that was gutted and on ice in cooler for two days, 9,3/4 beard and 1 inch spur's just dwarft my gobbler from SD, Black hills. I would like to try for one of the Crystal pot calls Thanks