OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat giveaway... The Big One

Started by Gooserbat, March 19, 2017, 12:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

:z-winnersmiley: :happy0064: Congratulations to Buzzardroost. Winner is #8

I always try to give a friction call away at the height of the busy season and this is the time.  Really simple, go to the website and check out the line of friction pot and box calls.  Then comment and tell us two things.  Since this is the "Big Giveaway" first share the specs on the biggest bird you've taken (weight, beard, spurs) and then let us know what call you would like.

http://gooserbatcalls.com

I'll run an online number generator sometime Wednesday to pick the winner. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

catman529

Biggest bird was killed in 2015, Williamson county TN. 24 lb 7 oz, 10.75" and 8" beards, 1.125" spurs. Struck him mid day and called him in. I've killed birds with more beards but that was my biggest bird for sure.

http://youtu.be/7LfoSNn3wbQ

As for the call, I would like the crystal call. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

1984 10 " beard 1 1/2" Spurs 22.5 lbs. killed late before going to roost
Had a lot better hunts but this is my biggest bird and yes he is on the wall.
I hope for the crystal  thanks for chance

GD1656

1999-S.Georgia-First Eastern bird,10" beard,1 3/8 spurs,21.5 lbs.Got him with new SBE family got me for fire dept retirement--He is flying over the fireplace now--- would like the high standard alum call Thanks  Paul

Bowguy

Wish I remembered date. Think it was early 90s.
My buddy John n I were hunting a farm near the house. We'd seen them fly down the day before so we reset the following morn. Kinda anti climatic as it he flew right to me. Weighed right at 24 lbs, had 10-1/2" beard n the Spurs were 1-1/4 n one was just over. It's rocky, icy here n that doesn't help spur or beard length but that one was good. Love to try the high standard aluminum

bullet355

Last day of the season 4/30/12. I was on the way back to the truck when he answered my call.
He sounded like a jake trying to gobble, so I wasn't going to shoot him just call him in for some last day fun. When he stepped into the road I was on I saw his beard but didn't have my gun up, he crossed the road and went out of sight but fortunately I was able to call him back.
1 1/2" spurs 11 1/2" beard 18.5#.

I would like the High Standard Aluminum cause I need a good aluminum call.
Thanks for the chance.

jmart241

2015 season 20 plus lbs 9.25 beard 1 3/16ths spurs would like to try the high standard aluminum Thanks

buzzardroost

23 pounds, 1.5" spurs, 11 inch beard. High Standard Crystal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURKEYWHACKER

I took an eastern in north Florida on 3/20/2016 that went 19lbs, 11 1/8" beard and matching 1 1/4" spurs. I have taken many Osceola's with bigger spurs, but not better weight or beards.
I would love to have the High Standard Aluminum call please.

wytrat785

Spring gobbler of 2015. 25.2lbs., 11 1/2" beard, 1 1/4" spurs. I've been eyeballin' your high standard aluminum call.

Cottonmouth

Biggest bird was a triple beard with  10", 8", & 3" beards weighed 23 lbs with 1 1/8" spurs taken in 2011 I think.Would love to try out your Ol Hickory slate.

SteelerFan

??? weight
10" scraggly beard
1 3/4" hooks

High Standard Crystal

Generous offer... Thanks!

greencop01

Last year in Mass. 23 lbs 2 oz, had only one spur 1.25 in and a 10.5 beard.  I'ld prefer an aluminum, thanks for the opportunity.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Camo70

11.5" Bread
1 1/4" Spurs
22lbs
Old Hckory Slate
Thanks in advance!

LBASSASSIN

21lbs 1 3/8 spurs 11in beard eastern I would prefer the high standard aluminum Thanks