OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who would strutter stalk on public land?

Started by djrcm7, March 14, 2017, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrcm7

Talking with a friend and he said he would use his mojo scoot and shoot on public land. I said no way, i dont trust public land enough. Id only do it on private where i know im the only one. Am i paranoid or is he crazy?
Med student from MO

1iagobblergetter

renegade19

Bowguy

It's been rehashed but I'd think it's unsafe. It's also illegal in lots of places

Fieldturkey

suburbhunter

Quote from: Bowguy on March 14, 2017, 06:48:30 PM
It's been rehashed but I'd think it's unsafe. It's also illegal in lots of places
He's Crazy  :z-dizzy:

fallhnt

You could get shot by someone taking a "sound"shot because they heard a turkey. You could get shot while using decoys. You could get shot by someone stalking in on your setup. I wouldn't worry about using a fan or whatever decoy to hide behind. Private land doesn't mean your safe eather. You could get shot by a trespasser or poacher. This applies to all hunting. A couple years ago a man was killed by a hunter while shooting at a "deer" 1 hour before legal shooting time. The man's son was sitting with him when he was killed. The shooter claimed the man didn't have orange on. Hunt however you want,we are surrounded by idiots all day long.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Kylongspur88

I've seen some people do some stupid stuff public and private. I pack an orange hat on public ground for when I'm on the move. It seems like every year someone around here catches a face full of #6 shot. I was actually just talking to a guy at work today about how I think spring turkey hunting is more dangerous than deer hunting.

Gobble!

No. I would use one of the new remote control options to drive my decoy right up to him then lure him right back to the blind I'm hiding in.

LaLongbeard

These ignorant coon asses in Louisiana will do anything  to kill a turkey (except learning how to hunt lol) I wouldn't sit near a hen decoy much less a strutting gobbler decoy.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Bowguy on March 14, 2017, 06:48:30 PM

X2

I wouldn't myself (but I won't use a sneak decoy either, my choice)... Besides I still want to turkey hunt again next year too.

MK M GOBL

jepcho

I really don't wanna see it happen, but I fear somebody is gonna get hurt/killed doing this someday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB30

trolling but doesn't seem anyone has taken the bait yet...