OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hiding your hands????

Started by Poleaxe, March 10, 2017, 12:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poleaxe

Anybody use camo facepaint on the tops of their hands? I just can't find the right gloves that don't take away from traction and sensitivity while using my pots.

Greg Massey

I always just use the mash or net type gloves and have not problem with running my pot calls...H S Strut use to make a good thin mash glove...that's what i have couple pair... some on ebay for sale..just look up turkey hunting gloves...

UGAturkey

I have always cut the finger tips off of mine.  I run a stitch on each side of the finger to keep them from unraveling further. 
Turkey hunting is the addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. -Charlie Elliott

Happy

Quote from: UGAturkey on March 10, 2017, 04:04:08 AM
I have always cut the finger tips off of mine.  I run a stitch on each side of the finger to keep them from unraveling further.
That right there. The oil from facepaints are not good on pot calls.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Spitten and drummen

x2. this is what I have done for years.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

half finger gloves when its cool out rest of the time I do nothing for my hands, I do own several shirts that have the thumb hole loops though and that covers about half the hand im just not worried about my finger tips busting a bird
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ozarks Hillbilly

X3 I use thin breathable glove with some rubber or silicone grippers. I cut the fingers out of right "striker" hand and leave the left alone. 

stinkpickle

I cut the thumb, index, and middle fingers out of my gloves.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stinkpickle

Quote from: guesswho on March 10, 2017, 11:19:17 AM
A burnt stick will work.

My pots just don't sound right with a burnt stick.

Greg Massey

WV TURKEY THUG

I cut the fingertips off mine also.

goblr77

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 10, 2017, 11:15:32 AM
I cut the thumb, index, and middle fingers out of my gloves.

Same here.

Marc

My impression of gloves is that they are more for us than for the turkeys.

I doubt there are 10 hunters in the whole country who killed a bird wearing gloves they would not have without gloves.

Now a shiny pink/white face with a bobbing head is a different story and I do believe in a face mask...  But I have given up on gloves (unless I am wearing them for warmth).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kyturkeyhunter4

I've always just cut the finger tips out of mine I ain't had any issues running my calls either. I do the same while im deer hunting in early bow season also.