OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20ga longbeards

Started by kelley91, March 06, 2017, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelley91

Anyone have any idea when we will be able to get 20ga longbeards?

NYlogbeards

I 2nd that, waiting on GanderMtn to have it on their site, I live in NY so i cant order ammo to home so i'm stuck buying it from Gander.

outdoors

IVE Seen THESE For SALE, FINALLY
I LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT Some FEEDBACK.....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

waterman2

2nd that. feedback on them???

Hooksfan

I ordered mine tonight from Macks Prairie Wings.
I will also be patterning some Hevi 13 #7's and Federal Heavyweight #7's.

jakebird

I also ordered a box from MPW last night. Still on back order though. Hope they can ship them soon.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Parrot Head

Not the 20.  But some of my 12g LB have a rattle.  I shake it and it is almost like there is a marble rattling in there.  Not all but some.  What the heck would that be??

UGAturkey

Got a box of 6's on the way to see what the pattern looks like.  If I can remember to take pictures I post them after this up coming weekend.
Turkey hunting is the addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. -Charlie Elliott

snapper1982

Quote from: Parrot Head on March 07, 2017, 06:30:21 AM
Not the 20.  But some of my 12g LB have a rattle.  I shake it and it is almost like there is a marble rattling in there.  Not all but some.  What the heck would that be??

They have been jolted and the resin has broken

Gobble!

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 07, 2017, 08:52:45 AM
Quote from: Parrot Head on March 07, 2017, 06:30:21 AM

They have been jolted and the resin has broken

Unless there is a lot of rattle its more likely there is a loose bb inside the resin. Saying that I have never shot/cut open a long beard. I sometimes have a little rattle on my hand loads.

Gobble!

I'll be interested in seeing what the LBs do in a 20g.

jakebird

Saw a few YouTube clips from winchester. They're making some pretty serious claims on what these loads can do. One guy said up to 3 times the pellets on target compared to the 12 gauge loads. Not sure if I misunderstood him but they make it sound as if the patterns are better than what we've been getting from the 12 gauge LBXR. Maybe just marketing hype. We'll see. Still no word from MPW as to when my order will ship. And I'm skeptical of the low (1000 fps) velocity. I don't like my turkey loads slower  than about 1200. We will see....
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

turkeyfoot

I'm curious to see some field testing from the average joe hunter myself not the manufacturer especially at penetration at distnce

silvestris

A # 5 or 6 pellet fired at 1000 fps in a Longbeard is going to have the same retained energy at a given distance as Bubba's Best Turkey loads fired at 1000 fps.  Density may and probably is better at any range with the Longbeard, but Winchester needs to cut the advertising crap and stop encouraging people to cripple turkeys.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

snapper1982

Yall go down to the 20 gauge threads and read the few threads so far on them