Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How dirty could a brand new barrel be, right?

Started by WNCTracker, March 06, 2017, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Wrong. Brand new SBE2. Thanks Clark for the advice.....again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Rzrbac

Wow I cleaned mine last night because I couldn't remember if I had cleaned it last year or not. It didn't look anything like that.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2017, 02:26:09 PM
I think that's pretty dirty for a new gun..
I was pretty darned surprised myself

pabossie255

I thought all company's coat the inside of the barrel with something to keep them from rusting before sold.

1iagobblergetter

Some of my new ones came pretty scuzzy. I know at least some manufacturers do coat them so they don't rust before purchased.

WNCTracker

Benelli said they are cleaned before shipped

1iagobblergetter

Ya the don't surprise me. They must be shooting about as straight as their guns.

WNCTracker

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 06, 2017, 06:21:50 PM
Ya the don't surprise me. They must be shooting about as straight as their guns.
I'm questioning whether I was possibly sold one that had been carried and returned on the sly. Upon closer inspection the camo is scratched right where the sling attaches on both ends. I'm not a paranoid person but I'm having a few doubts.

Greg Massey

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 06, 2017, 06:39:29 PM
I'm questioning whether I was possibly sold one that had been carried and returned on the sly. Upon closer inspection the camo is scratched right where the sling attaches on both ends. I'm not a paranoid person but I'm having a few doubts.

I told you not to buy one...if it has scratches and it's new i would be returning the gun..for that kind off money, i want to put the first scratches on the gun....

owlhoot

That would be a good question. That looks like it was shot alot.
Take action apart and check there maybe?

Rzrbac

There will be some reside near the buffer spring if shot some.

1iagobblergetter

New is new to me I wouldn't except a test fired a time or two story either. I'd examine it a little further and a phone call would be made stating if you wanted a used one you would have bought used and how do they want it delivered back.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: WNCTracker on March 06, 2017, 06:39:29 PM

I told you not to buy one...if it has scratches and it's new i would be returning the gun..for that kind off money, i want to put the first scratches on the gun....

yep, you did, and i agree about the newness factor

WNCTracker