Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How dirty could a brand new barrel be, right?

Started by WNCTracker, March 06, 2017, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yella yelper

Most new guns I've bought have had filthy barrels. I think the serial number should turn up some information

Naylor649

Yep the past few guns I've bought new did have oil down the barrel but after a swipe it wasn't dirty just looked like some hopes coming out.

WNCTracker

UPDATE:  They completely Agree it was used. They're sending back to benelli because they feel benelli sent them a used one too. They're a great gun shop. Replaced it with a super black eagle 3 for no charge.   $1,485 for a new SBE3 was well worth a trip back to the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickT

What did Benelli say?

WNCTracker

Quote from: MickT on March 07, 2017, 07:02:57 AM
What did Benelli say?

I sent benelli the serial number, they'll get back to me today.  If I hear from the shop I'll let you know if they find anything too.

1iagobblergetter

I'm glad you came out better on the deal in the end. I'm sure you didn't sleep well last night.Be Thankful and remember next time always go with your gut feeling and heed all warnings,but I'm sure you've figured that out after this.

snapper1982

Quote from: MickT on March 06, 2017, 08:53:24 PM
Call your local Leo's and see if someone will run the serial for you. They should be able to tell if it was previously registered.

No they cant tell you that.

tha bugman

Definitely would say that the gun has been used for sure.  My guess would be not a little either.

MickT

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 07, 2017, 08:50:45 AM
Quote from: MickT on March 06, 2017, 08:53:24 PM
Call your local Leo's and see if someone will run the serial for you. They should be able to tell if it was previously registered.

No they cant tell you that.

Can't, won't, or shouldn't? I had a local popo run my name or plates to get my cell number so he could call and ask if I had found his head lamp he lost while hunting.

tha bugman

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 07, 2017, 06:55:52 AM
UPDATE:  They completely Agree it was used. They're sending back to benelli because they feel benelli sent them a used one too. They're a great gun shop. Replaced it with a super black eagle 3 for no charge.   $1,485 for a new SBE3 was well worth a trip back to the shop

:happy0064:

WNCTracker

UPDATE:  The owner of the store called me himself this morning.  He told me that they tracked the gun back to an error made somewhere along the way where  it was actually returned, not only used, but defective.   :TrainWreck1:

MickT

Glad nothing went terribly wrong with it while it was in your possession. How does that even happen?

WNCTracker

I said the exact same thing since serial numbers are all recorded...

Gobble!

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 07, 2017, 06:55:52 AM

Odd situation but good result!

BowBendr

Not trying to flame you so please don't take it that way.....
From a safety standpoint only....how did everybody miss this ?

I know the pics may magnify it a bit, but that wear looks pretty noticeable, just don't understand how it made it past that many people......